My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

ah yes, mithras, now there's a band no one talks about anymore

who remembers the EXTREME hype when "worlds beyond the veil" came out? who was it who did that ridiculous review calling like literally the best album in metal ever or whatever the shit it was

I dont even think they are active anymore. Dont really keep up.

Funniest thing is, WBtV isnt even their best album

I interviewed Mithras back then, I vaguely remember asking something like "so Terrorizer said you have made the best album in the history of everything ever, also your girlfriend works for Terrorizer. Thoughts?" His answer was very good, if I recall.

I revisited said 'thras a few months ago. Not bad, but it went back onto the shelf after one spin.

I would posit that the UK has given the world many of the best albums in the history of music ever. I'm not even sure I could crown a #1 from my own collection though, let alone across all genres.

The answer is probably Aqualung or Houses of the Holy or Paranoid or Let it Bleed or Piece of Mind or In the Court of the Crimson King or Abbey Road or man I haven't even gotten to the '90s yet.

Anyone hear how terrorizer screwed their subscribers? Man, typical brits.

As far as their ratings, I only recall 3 perfect scores from them...

Said Mithras album
Old Man Gloom - Seminar II & III
Aborym - Fire Walk with Us

Im sure there are more. Mostlt because Nate was all over them

I never heard the Terrorscrewtale, but Seminars II and III are pretty fucking stellar. I made a layout of the two rear covers combined and used it as a desktop background for some years, some years ago.

Oh wow they have several new albums this year. Sadly I really lost interest in their new material. NO has one great song, and the prank they pulled with The Ape of G-d was better than the music.

Seminar III is one of those "play this at my funeral pyre in the desert" albums though.

EDIT: I found the thing.

omgseminarsIIandIIIbigger.JPG

Last edited:
Expensive beer

I've struggled all evening not to click on the fateful checkout button for a €150 beer haul.
Miserable failure ensued. Ah, I'll get to deal with the consequences, being, amongst other things, cans of Vocation's latest barrel aged imp stout series (imperial mocha, double maple & pecan).

Ares Kingdom - Firestorm Redemption 12"
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary CD
Ares Kingdom - The Unburiable Dead CD
Ares Kingdom - By the Light of Their Destruction CD (I kind of like this band)
House of Atreus - The Spear and the Ichor That Follows CD
The Hounds of Hasselvander - Further Torments of the SG 12"

image.jpg

i had an old isis cd, aborym and morgion cd show up yesterday. got em cheap from a seller in canada.

im a "member" of a facebook group comprised of metal cd collectors. the usual posts are people comparing penis sizes when it comes to their collection or their latest purchases. but a few times someone is selling stuff for cheap. example: got a rare Project Hate cd for $15. It's very hard to find and is currently on sale on ebay for $150