My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Krigloch the Furious said:
0192839462.jpg

FC0141000031.JPG

:kickass:

Get Njal's saga too. I'm pretty sure it's not included in that Sagas of the Icelanders collection, but it really kicks ass.

Thats a great book (The Sagas of Icelanders), Njal's saga is not included though, you are correct. That book is what really sparked my interest in Icelandic history.

I saw "The Sagas of Icelanders" the other day while trying to find a Lonely Planet guide to that very country. It looked thick, though, so maybe I'll try to pick it up when I have the will to read something that huge.

Gazim has a class "History of the Viking Age" or something, that bastard.

(definitely taking that next semester)

MFJ said:
I saw "The Sagas of Icelanders" the other day while trying to find a Lonely Planet guide to that very country. It looked thick, though, so maybe I'll try to pick it up when I have the will to read something that huge.

Yea its divided into small stories, so you can read a few at a time or at intervals if you want. I think I skipped around on the order of the stories and read the whole thing over a 4 or 5 month period.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Im taking a psyc course next semester that devotes the entire first half of the semester to psychoactives. :kickass:

wtf. makes me want to go to Maryland to take that.

Hahahaa I remember in one class this guest speaker came in and was like, "So... how many of you kids know what the drug DXM is?" He didn't really give any time to answer because he assumed no one knew of it, but right after he said it, I just shouted out "Dextromethorphan hydrobromide?" Got some good looks for that one.

Dick Sirloin said:
Well, for my next class we're meeting at a bar (Linda's) and drinking beer. Case closed.

As in you're not going to class or you actually take a class where you drink beer?

That last option would rule. I thought about just up and leaving today, but I don't feel like serving a 3-hour detention.

Yep. "Advanced Fiction Writing". We're discussing 2 stories (incl. one of mine) over pitchers. Yay.

arrived today. i am becoming a fanboy of the early stuff:

Samael - Blood Ritual/Worship Him 2CD release thingy
Samael - Rebellion

Dick Sirloin said:
Yep. "Advanced Fiction Writing". We're discussing 2 stories (incl. one of mine) over pitchers. Yay.

I'm buzzing now and my story got great reviews so I'm celebrating by drinking more beer and going to the womens basketball game (we're #1!!!!!!!!) with some homies, then going to the bars and drinking more and stuff.