ELEND - Lecons De Tenebres
RAJNA - The Heady Wine of Praise
EMPEROR - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
DARKTHRONE - Panzerfaust
KATATONIA - Brave Murder Day

JayKeeley said:
OK here's my latest haul - some old, some new:

DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - Death's Design

I don't know. For some reason everyone found this one to be their best, but I thought it was their worst. I liked Ravendusk in my Heart and The Phantom Lodge the most, especially TPL. Death's Design is a neat idea though.

IMMORTAL - At the Heart of Winter

One of the best from this mighty band. Excellent job.

ENTOMBED - Left Hand Path

This was my fave from Entombed, but for the most part I found the band to be somewhat bland. Still good though.

GREEN CARNATION - Light of Day...

I'm very surprised you don't have this one yet. You should like this very much.

ELEND - Lecons De Tenebres

I used to own The Umbersun and I couldn't stand it. The dude's vocals are horrendous. Good for die hard fans of darkwave though

EMPEROR - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
KATATONIA - Brave Murder Day

awesome. The best from both bands. :Spin:

Demonspell said:
Excellent haul...be sure to review or give your thoughts on the Green Carnation, Katatonia, Immortal, and Diabolical Masquerade...

Yeah, to add to the ever increasing list of reviews I already want to do, and somehow maintain the site as well , hehe!

Actually, that reminds me, we're waiting for a review on Sons of Northern Darkness from the One that is Dark.

phyre said:
I have five of those, good haul. What is Rajna though?

It's a blind purchase. Rajna can be described as French-Tibetan gothic experimental ambiant darkwave. They're on the same label as Orphaned Land, and if you don't mind the whole ethnic thing, they're focus is on using ancient Tibetan or Indian instruments. They actually recorded their last album in a Tibetan monastery. Who knows - sounds intriguing, and picked it up from the Omega.

That reminds me, I'd like to review Orphaned Land by the way at some point.

Dreamlord said:
I don't know. For some reason everyone found this one to be their best, but I thought it was their worst. I liked Ravendusk in my Heart and The Phantom Lodge the most, especially TPL. Death's Design is a neat idea though.

Yeah, let's see - I mean, Swano and Blakkheim doing an epic soundtrack. Sounds like my cuppa tea in theory.

I'm very surprised you don't have this one yet. You should like this very much.

eek! I know! Green Carnation has been on my most wanted list for a long, long time. You know, even though it's old, I can never find it on eBay for a decent price. So I just went and bought it from The End. I do know it though - Smothered Hope played it to me once.

awesome. The best from both bands. :Spin:

Funny with us talking about 'Summer Music' in the other thread, but I can't seem to get In the Nightside Eclipse out of my car CD player these days - on my long drives back home each evening. It's so furious and majestic, and I've learned to love Isahn's vocal style. Definitely my fave black metal vocalist.

Katatonia are still pretty new to me. I'm going through their stuff at a slow pace, and it'll be interesting to hear Akerfeld on this one.

"In The Nightside Eclipse" absolutely crushes "Anthems..." Anthems has like three really good songs, "Ye Entrancemperium", "...Reverence" and "With Strength I Burn". Still a decent album but "...Nightside..." is more or less perfect.

"Brave Murder Day" is in my top 3 best-albums-ever. It is simply breathtaking.

I think Diabolical Masquerade's "Nightwork" is their best...

Good to see you picked up Panzerfaust, Ali...

I can't believe Erik thinks there's only 3 or so good songs on Anthems...

You're fucking nutzzzz!

:D

My recent arrivals consist of stuff sent to me and one or two discs bought..

Solefald- In Harmonia.. (thanks Markgugs!!)

Sinister- Savage Or Grace (Quite dissappointing, actually.. review in the works)

Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy (bought, good review 'gugs! However, I think Weikath is a jerkoff, The Dark Ride is a great album, what is he talking about? I find it really interesting that he doesn't have that many writing credits on the new album..)

Enslaved- Below The Lights (bought, fucking, fucking awesome! Another chapter in the saga that is Enslaved.)

Wow, Erik, you surprise me. I would not have guessed those 3 for your top 3 ever. Come to think of it, I don't think I could even identify a top 3 ever, thought I'm certain Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime would be in it.

Papa Josh said:
My recent arrivals consist of stuff sent to me and one or two discs bought..

Solefald- In Harmonia.. (thanks Markgugs!!)

You're quite welcome, and I hope it brings you many, many good listens. Knowing your affinity for the sweet leaf, I anticipate that it will.

Helloween-Rabbit Don't Come Easy (bought, good review 'gugs! However, I think Weikath is a jerkoff, The Dark Ride is a great album, what is he talking about? I find it really interesting that he doesn't have that many writing credits on the new album..)

Well, I don't agree with him either (I also loved The Dark Ride), Weike is far from a jerk-off! He was an incredibly cool guy to speak with.

OK another quick haul:

Tiamat - Wildhoney
Vital Remains - Dawn of the Apocalypse (thank you Papa)
Vital Remains - Dechristianize (thank you Papa)
Ephel Duath - Painter's Pallette (thank you to everyone who's ever mentioned them)

JayKeeley said:
OK another quick haul:

Tiamat - Wildhoney
Vital Remains - Dawn of the Apocalypse (thank you Papa)
Vital Remains - Dechristianize (thank you Papa)
Ephel Duath - Painter's Pallette (thank you to everyone who's ever mentioned them)

Now THAT is a good haul, my friend.

I have a feeling we will all be talking about The Painter's Pallette shortly..

However, do not fool yourself into thinking that Rephormula must be just as good...

Status
Not open for further replies.