My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonspell said:
Awesome haul Phyre...how rare are those MDB and Katatonia items?
I have no idea. I bought the MDB because it was cheap and I have meant to get some early MDB for a long time. All I know is I don't see it often and it isn't a re-release. The Katatonia is somewhat rare but nowhere near Saw You Drown, Jhva Elohim Meth etc... It was priced as a normal LP and if I remember correctly I saw the same one the previous record fair but didn't buy it then.

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

I'm sort of pissed that I missed their set on Saturday, but probably not as pissed as I will be when I hear this CD for the first time. :D

NAD said:
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

I'm sort of pissed that I missed their set on Saturday, but probably not as pissed as I will be when I hear this CD for the first time. :D

Listen to the four piece title track - there is nothing quite like it in the Death Metal arena that I know of. Or at least nothing quite so epic.

And Sarcophogus sounds 100 times better at 100 times the volume! If you missed that live, then you deserve to be mummified. :)

JayKeeley said:
Listen to the four piece title track - there is nothing quite like it in the Death Metal arena that I know of. Or at least nothing quite so epic.

And Sarcophogus sounds 100 times better at 100 times the volume! If you missed that live, then you deserve to be mummified. :)

Yeah I read about that 4-piece epic, I'm really looking forward to that. My girlfriend and I got to our seats right after Nile had finished playing on Saturday. Dammit. It's funny because I finally got into them about two weeks ago. I have had that Amongst the Catacombs CD for several years but it never really clicked with me until very recently, now I'm on the verge of fanboy status.

NAD said:
Yeah I read about that 4-piece epic, I'm really looking forward to that. My girlfriend and I got to our seats right after Nile had finished playing on Saturday. Dammit. It's funny because I finally got into them about two weeks ago. I have had that Amongst the Catacombs CD for several years but it never really clicked with me until very recently, now I'm on the verge of fanboy status.

That's the most amazing thing about Nile - they are the most brutal band I know that can be appreciated by fans from all walks of life. I liked Nile longer than I did other 'extreme' bands.

They really research their content well too. Epic, well researched, brutal, scary music. What more could you ask for? They should blow Wacken to smithereens.

OMNIUM GATHERUM - Spirits And August Lig

I have absolutely no information on this band, I must admit that I was immensely intrigued by the cover on The End's website.

OK recent purchases (as opposed to the clutter of promos everywhere):

Amorphis - My Kantele EP Digipak
Amorphis - Black Winter Day EP
Forest Stream - Tears of Mortal Solitude
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail
Angra - Live in Sao Paulo (Rebirth tour)
Borknagar - Quintessence

NAD said:
OMNIUM GATHERUM - Spirits And August Lig

I have absolutely no information on this band, I must admit that I was immensely intrigued by the cover on The End's website.

Probably a very good purchase Nadster. I've been reading many a good thing about this band of late and they're supposed to be the 2nd-coming, you know, give the whole melo-death world the shot-in-the-arm it needs, etc, etc.

Anyway, I've got the promo and the reivew should be done by week's end. I'll post my latest few hauls in a moment...careful, they're scary large. :D

Kickass, and given that I ordered it from The End about an hour ago, it should be here shortly. :D

I also picked up Edge of Sanity - Spectral Sorrows.

Ok, let's see, here's what I've bought of late...

(new stuff)
1349 - 1349
Aborym - With No Human Intervention
Ajattara - Kuolema
Anthrax - We've Come For You All
Arise - Kings Of The Cloned Generation
Bathory - Nordland II
Carpathian Forest - Defending The Throne Of Evil
Children Of Bodom - Hatecrew Deathroll
Darkthrone - Hate Them
Finntroll - Visor om Slutet
Galloglass - Legends From Now And Nevermore
Helheim - Yersinia Pestis
Insania - Sunrise In Riverland
Kamelot - Epica
Naglfar - Sheol
Old Man's Child - In Defiance Of Existence

(old stuff)
Queensryche - s/t (remaster)
Queensryche - The Warning (remaster)
Testament - The Legacy
Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What!
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Edge Of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Atanatos - Assault Of Heathen Forces
Midvinter - At The Sight Of The Apocalypse Dragon
Krieg - ...Rise Of The Imperial Hordes
Mercenary - First Breath
Gorgoroth - Pentagram
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Nachtfalke - Doomed To Die
Rivendell - The Ancient Glory
Divine Empire - Doomed To Inherit
Hegemon - Chaos Supreme
God Dethroned - Ravenous
Iuvenes - When Heroes Will Rise

(promos)
Skyfire - Mind Revolution
Hatesphere - Bloodred Hatred
Omnium Gatherum - Spirits And August Light
Cryptopsy - None So Live
Frost - Cursed Again
Solefald - In Harmonia Universali
Callenish Circle - My Passion // Your Pain
Chinchilla - Madtropolis
Grave Digger - Rheingold
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild

*deep breath*

And that's it.

Ok, actually, I just made the mother of all classic thrash orders, but I'm so excited about getting all those albums, I'll wait until they arrive...

BTW, is it just me, or is there just an absolute wealth of quality metal around these days? I'll never understand the people who just like to complain about 98% of the metal out there and only enjoy the waaaaaay out-there stuff. :erk:

the revolution which has very quietly revolutionized the music industry in the last 15-20 years is the rise of smaller companies....not able to topple the huge giants but carving out niche markets for themselves. SST, Subpop, are good examples. The metal community has a number of smaller labels doing the same thing, allowing more deserving bands to get their music out to the people. Almost every city has at least one band you can see in a club and wonder, geez, these guys are at least as good as some of the crap out there, but if they don't get a chance to record and grow, nobody will ever hear them. now, with protools and the ease of cd reproducing, almost anyone can set up a really high qual demo, whereas you used to have to try and book wicked expensive studio time.

Status
Not open for further replies.