My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayKeeley said:
That's just the thing though Lizard - it's the fan boys that will like anything Opeth release no matter what it sounds like.

This really bothers you doesn't it? You and Dreamlord...

Personally, I could give a fuck about a fanboy (sounds like "gay" terminology)....

What really annoys me is when people say they are in a rut and just rehashing the same old thing... What are they supposed to sound like? Slipknot? COF? Porcupine Tree? Negura Bunget?

They do what they do and they do it well. Personally, I like that I can hear them and know who it is. Identity is a good thing.

Papa Josh said:
This really bothers you doesn't it? You and Dreamlord...

It's not like I lose sleep over it or anything, but no band is above criticism? I love Iron Maiden to death, but sheeyat, I'll be the first to say that I hate anything after Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (although BNW was a return to some form).

Bands can do wrong and will do wrong no matter how good some of their other catalog is.

The thing about Opeth fans is that they will say "the new Opeth album will be the best thing on the planet" even BEFORE they've heard it. Surely that's questionable in the least.

Regarding bands sounding the same - no problemo! Iron Maiden, Opeth, Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower, Gamma Ray etc. Love them all.

I like the stability - no doubt. There is absolutley ZERO logic in saying that a band is only getting better because they "progress".

I don't think Opeth is in a rut, I thought Deliverance is their most standout album yet, even more than Damnation.

On the Columbia House website for my account: "You have purchased 1 cd's at the regular club price. You need to purchase 4 more by 12/20/1995." They finally sent me a letter saying "YOU BETTER BUY THESE CDS!!!" So I ordered a buttload this morning. :lol:

Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Fear Factory - Soul of a New Machine
Slayer - Live Undead
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Alice in Chains - Live
Iron Maiden - 7th Son of a 7th Son
Stone Temple Pilots - Shangriladdeeeeeda
Ozzy - No More Tears
Entombed - Clandestine
Frank Zappa - Larry LaLonda Picks
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

I'd've thought Opeth would be the last band you could accuse of being in a rut...maybe accuse them of becoming boring old farts ;)

Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys (part 1)
Satyricon - Ten Horns, Ten Diadems (thanks Papa Josh!)
Tygers Of Pan Tang - The Cage

phyre said:
Good for you! Good for you!
Normally the only time I buy from Columbia House is when I need to fill in gaps left in my collection from 10 years ago, and Clandestine is no exception. :Spin:

The packaging on this Negura Bungholewet cd kinda pisses me off. The bottom is bent, the little rubber thingy wasn't even attached to the booklet so my cd was flopping all over the place. And my tree leaf was slightly broken!!

Thought those guys glued them themselves... guess they started sniffing the goods and mine was one of the last ones made.. :tickled:

Angra - Angels Cry
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
Heavenly - Sign Of The Winner (Korean edition)
Helloween - Rabbits Don't Come Easy
Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy
Nightwish - Century Child
Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands
Stratovarius - Visions
Testament - Live At Einhoven E.P.

And a Metal tribute to ABBA ^_^

I must say, I am severely loving Blind Guardian and I'm only on the first song :p

Papa Josh said:
The packaging on this Negura Bungholewet cd kinda pisses me off. The bottom is bent, the little rubber thingy wasn't even attached to the booklet so my cd was flopping all over the place. And my tree leaf was slightly broken!!

Thought those guys glued them themselves... guess they started sniffing the goods and mine was one of the last ones made.. :tickled:

My Nigeria Bunghole is still unopened. *cough*

I wish I'd got the promo now so I'd never have to tamper with the real deal, but Dark One beat me to it. Will we ever see a review though? *COUGH*

Ayeka said:
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
Excellent! Definitely one of the best power metal albums of all time. "We are following the will of the one, through the dark age and into the storm...". Makes me want to read The Silmarillion, but I think I'll just wait for the movie. :D

Heavenly - Sign Of The Winner (Korean edition)
What's special about the Korean version? Ben Sotto has the highest octaves I've ever heard - I am sure he keeps his nuts in a vice.

Helloween - Rabbits Don't Come Easy
Is this out to the general public then? Maybe the release in the UK is different to the US...I'm curious to hear this myself as soon as Markgugs (our promo keeper) gets back from all his travels!

Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy
Make sure you have Karma too!! But avoid Epica - it's boring as hell IMO.
Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands
Just awesome - the best Rhapsody there is. Listen to Tower of the Abyss - the orchestrations are just astounding.

Testament - Live At Einhoven E.P.
Alex Skolnick proves his worth - I LOVE this live version of Over the Wall.

Damn Ayeka - this is a bloody good haul mate!

Preordered this morning:

Marilyn Manson - Golden Age of Grotesque

:hotjump: <--- me after I get flamed.

JayKeeley said:
Excellent! Definitely one of the best power metal albums of all time. "We are following the will of the one, through the dark age and into the storm...". Makes me want to read The Silmarillion, but I think I'll just wait for the movie. :D

Heh, I got a copy of Silly as well but I'll stick to this album for the time being ^_^ I'm about halfway through it now. It's fun recognising the vocal and guitar style from A Night At The Opera, that album was a bit hard to get into but well worth it.

What's special about the Korean version? Ben Sotto has the highest octaves I've ever heard - I am sure he keeps his nuts in a vice.

Bonus track ;) I'm looking forward to hearing the environmental song that you guys trashed :cool:

Is this out to the general public then? Maybe the release in the UK is different to the US...I'm curious to hear this myself as soon as Markgugs (our promo keeper) gets back from all his travels!

All these albums apart from Testament are CD-Rs sent by a kind French dude on the PowerQuest forum ;) I'm not sure if I've seen this in shops, I might have....

Damn Ayeka - this is a bloody good haul mate!

Oooooooooh, thankies ^_^ my power metal collection has been very weak for a long time, I'm just glad to have been able to have fleshed it out somewhat. I've really got into Angra and Helloween already, got Future World stuck in my head and loving it! :D

NAD said:
Preordered this morning:

Marilyn Manson - Golden Age of Grotesque

:hotjump: <--- me after I get flamed.

Let us know how it is.
saint.gif

Ayeka said:
Bonus track ;) I'm looking forward to hearing the environmental song that you guys trashed :cool:

Well I did do a review for it on our site, and I gave it a good score. If you like Gamma Ray, you can't go wrong with Heavenly. I admit I trashed the lyrics to "The World will be Better" (both on this forum and the review), but damn, it's a mighty fine tune.

Lyrics don't keep me away from music, but damn, Power Metal and Greenpeace need to go their seperate ways for a while...

JayKeeley said:
Lyrics don't keep me away from music, but damn, Power Metal and Greenpeace need to go their seperate ways for a while...

Well, Save The Trees can only work for a good thing :cool: it's a fair cop.

BLAZE - As Live As It Gets

Well well, there was a record fair today... Haul:

Candlemass "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" + bonus live CD
Emperor "Emperor/Wrath Of The Tyrant" CD
My Dying Bride "The Thrash Of Naked Limbs" CD
Summoning "Dol Guldur" CD
Vinterriket "Finsternis" CD
In The Woods... "HEart Of The Ages" CD
In The Woods... "Omnio" CD
Forefather "Engla Tocyme" CD
Saltus "Slavonic Pride" CD
V/A - Dark Tranquillity/Dark Angel/Infernäl Mäjesty "official demo series". I already have the original DT demo but I wanted it on CD.
Katatonia "Discouraged Ones" on beautiful gatefold LP
Dissimulation "Miglose" 7"

Blessed In Sin - Melancholia CD
Abyssic Hate/Det Hedenske Folk - United By Heathen Blood CD
Ornaments Of Sin - Inhale Zyklon-B CD
Blodulv - Kristkrossare MC
Watain - The Ritual Macabre MC
Vrolok - Resurgence MC
Satan's Helvete - Med Mord I Blicken MC
Dödfödd - Besvärjelse För Omvänd Rekreation MC

Is the latest stuff I got, I guess..
Blodulv and Dödfödd are awesome.