My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAD said:
I'm going to set up a trade / for sale list within a few weeks, it'll definitely be on there along with some other crap like Beyond the Embrace. :yuk:
So you didn't like BtE, and J didn't like Skyforger. I wonder if anyone liked anything they bought from me in my last yard sale. :err:

Note, however, that I typically sell CD's because I don't like them myself so I'm not altogether surprised, but still...it's always nice to know someone else gets a kick out of something that I did not. :tickled:

I love that Hate Eternal you sold me, even put it in my CD wallet next to Nile because they are that worthy (it had nothing to do with style, I swear :loco: ). Himinbjorg and KMFDM are okay, and... I think that's all I got from you?

Beyond the Embrace I made it through half of the first song before I flung it out of my CD player. Bloody awful.

I'll have about 20 I think. About 5 of those most on this forum will laugh at me for even having in my collection. :tickled:

I got Horna "Hiidentorni" in the mail earlier this week and rather than having this cover:
l_hiident.jpg
it has a photo of Shatraug imposed over a day sky and a forest, is this a re-issue?

Erik said:
Eh, ask Blut & Eisen if they have any vinyls left of "Fran Marder" and "Kostogher."
So basically all their stuff is pretty much OOP then? Carnal Records and the Arckanum website were useless since thay havent been updated in a year or so.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
So basically all their stuff is pretty much OOP then? Carnal Records and the Arckanum website were useless since thay havent been updated in a year or so.
??
The Arckanum website was overhauled recently with a new design.
www.arckanum.se

this arrived:

Temnozor' - Sorcery of Fragments

From the booklet: Temnozor's music is for white race only! Each sub-human buying this record is paying for the weapon of his own future annihilaton! :tickled:

sorry Tranquillian, that Skyforger is long gone.

IOfTheStorm said:
Hey Nad that Maudlin album is FANTASTIC. Should i buy the Kayo Dot one?
Yes you should. Be warned that it is different from damn near everything out there (that I've heard anyhow). Imagine LYBM but completely remove ALL elements of traditional song structure. Make sure to get Bath, too!
Black Winter Day said:
KING CRIMSON - Red

Their best, NAD. Their best.
I'd say 3rd best, but OMG IT IS SO AWESOME!!!1111111eleventyone. :tickled:

Of the KC I own...

1) Red (great all the way through)
2) In the Court... ("Epitaph" alone makes it 11/10)
3) Larks Tongue in Aspic (I still need to hear the first song high)
4) Lizard (the title track is pure improv jazz wankery and it has Jon Anderson... winnage)
5) In the Wake of Posiedon (good, but not all that unique)
6) Thrak (pretty enjoyable)

You need The Power to Believe. It's modern sounding, but totally awesome.

1) Larks' Tongues in Aspic
2) The Power to Believe
3) Red
4) Lizard
5) ... all the others I guess

Oh yeah, you know what one you really need if you like their modern sound? The ProjeKcts. 4 live CDs of pure improv. Incredible stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.