My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only heard the first song so far, but I like it... Reminds me of when Gothenburg melodic death metal used to be good and actually deserve the "death" label (Eucharist's and At the Gates' first ones)... With a bit more thrash influence, though.

I think you'll dig that one. It's certainly their thrashiest album, and you like those falsetto screams. It's not my favorite from them, but hardly as bad as many in this forum make it out to be.

I know, I took extra care not to tell you about the trade until it was already too late for you to peer-pressure me into getting Thyrfing or Sentenced instead... Incidentally, I still want both of them albums but there are a lot of more important things to get...

J. said:
Sentenced, holy shit they're horrible. Thyrfing are nifty, in a second rate Moonsorrow kind of way.
"Vansinnesvisor" is much darker and heavier than the others with less synths. I like it a lot.

I don't know what Sentenced you have heard, but "North From Here" is more than decent technical/melodic death metal like the old Swedish bands. I am looking to trade "Amok" from Sorath sometime which is really not a bad album either. As long as they had Taneli Jarva they were a quality band. I must admit I enjoy "Crimson" in small doses too, it's fucking catchy. The new singer really comes across as a truly gay asshole who pretends to be depressed to get girlies though.

J. said:
Sentenced, holy shit they're horrible.
God damn yeah they are. I've tried to get into those dudes several times but they are just shite.

If anyone wants to buy Story: A Recollection from me let me know, and I'll throw in my Amok tape for free. :loco:

Of Thyrfing, I've heard everything except Vanesevinorsenor. Urkraft was the best of the lot, but still very happy-happy-gay-gay-all-the-damn-time kinda viking tunes. But they sure knew how to right some catchy tunes.

The only Sentenced I've not heard is Amok. North From Here was pretty good, yes. Frozen, Down, and Crimson all sucks the donkey dick. I couldn't stand the faux-depressed gothic sounding bullshit that dude was spewing. Just kill yourself already, you shithead.

I'm going to set up a trade / for sale list within a few weeks, it'll definitely be on there along with some other crap like Beyond the Embrace. :yuk:

J. said:
I couldn't stand the faux-depressed gothic sounding bullshit that dude was spewing. Just kill yourself already, you shithead.
His between songs banter at Wacken 2003 was truly, truly cringe-inducing. Actual quotes:

"Life is like a box of chocolates... Tastes like shit"

"This one goes out to all the ladies in the audience... I really need to get laid tonight, so... 'Sun won't Shine'."

The only highlight of the show was "Nepenthe", which of course had the wrong vocalist but it's a fucking quality song so...

At least the guy had a fitting T-shirt... It's almost as funny as when In Flames have T-shirts reading "Sellout", thinking they're being ironic when the joke's really on them:

109_0988.jpg

(It says "Super Gay" if you can't see)

Erik said:
"Life is like a box of chocolates... Tastes like shit"
HAHAHAHA, a pseudo-suicidal dipshit trying to be funny. That's friggin' classic.

"This one goes out to all the ladies in the audience... I really need to get laid tonight, so... 'Sun won't Shine'."
Fucking rockstar bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.