My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the songs Divinity and Greed, and there were a few more on Tuonela I liked. I'm just not a big fan of Pasi's clean vocals, at least not an entire album's worth.

LEATHER JACKET
Pros: kool, warm (compared to the other choices), can be worn while riding HELLBIKES
Cons: A bitch to get patches on, too hot in the summer

DENIM JACKET
Pros: kool, OK temperature for spring and summer nights, lots of patch space
Cons: Cold wintertime

DENIM VEST
Pros: hellakool, can be worn over leather jacket which makes it useful wintertime too
Cons: Not really practical by itself, not enough patch space

I haven't really listen to the whole of Amorphis's discogaphy but i'll rank what i have heard.

1.Karelian Isthmus
2.Privilege of Evil EP
3.Tales From The Thousand Lakes
4.Black Winter Day EP
5.Tuonela

If we're going to include EP's then "Privilege of Evil" is quite far up on the list... And to think that it was produced by none other than Timo Tolkki... :lol:

I didn't like Privilege of Evil too much. Most of the songs were on the better produced Karelian Isthmus anyway.

I think the BWD EP and My Kantlte EP are an integral part of the AMorphis discography.

I remember hearing tracks off Tales from 1000 Lakes many years ago and not liking it.

I brought Tuonela to work with me today, I try again soon.

I hope you have Bath as well, since that is part 1 and Leaving Your Body Map is part 2 of a double album. :D Also:

Bath > Leaving Your Body Map

NAD said:
I hope you have Bath as well, since that is part 1 and Leaving Your Body Map is part 2 of a double album. :D Also:

Bath > Leaving Your Body Map
Nope i dont have "Bath". I wanted to buy one of their albums, since i heard a charming description about their music ("they are doing what Opeth try to do , but more successfully and better") and i just picked this one because of the title. I think i will like it, so i will probably buy "Bath" too.

LYBM uses a lot of themes from Bath, just more wigged out. With your taste for prog I think you will certainly like them, and definitely pick up Bath if you do. My Fruit Psychobells (first album) has more death metal influences, and then Kayo Dot (what motW morphed into last year) is just a total mindfuck. Easily my favorite new band of this decade.
IOfTheStorm said:
since i heard a charming description about their music("they are doing what Opeth try to do , but more successfully and better")
Gah, I'll never get the Opeth comparisons. Granted, they are better than Opeth, but I've never found any of their music at all similar, with the exception of the occasional growled vocals in motW. Anyhow, this is a moot point, just sayin. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.