My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funeral - In Fields of Pestilent Grief

Won this on e-bay. One of those where you put an early bid in, it gets near the end and I bid more than I wanted. I seem to do that a lot. Never heard them, but heard good things about them. Plus I really like female vocals in doom metal.

Negura Bunget-Zirnindu-Sa (original)
Necrophagist-Onset of Putrefaction (original)
Havayoth-His Creation Reversed
Incantation-Onward to Golgotha

This is what my trip to Mosh Pit Music, home of Pit Magazine yielded.

like many here, I have succumbed to the Agalloch/nest split.

while I was at it I finally ordered some releases that (I've been wanting to hear/mp3s suck and aren't good enough for)

In The Woods... - Heart of the Ages
Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm
Peccatum - Lost In Reverie
Today Is The Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Today Is The Day - Kiss The Pig
Ulver - Svidd Neger

woot.

NAD said:
Exhumed is awesome, and that Dimmu Borgir I gave away because it sucked so much ass. Never got an opinion from JayKeeley on it either, he must agree... :Spin:
Put it this way, I like ICS Vortex. I wanna hear that Exhumed. I mean, just how many 10/10 scores do we have on RC?

Exhumed kicked ass in concert, I still should pick up some of their stuff. Reminded me of Death minus a bit of the technical side but plus a shitload of enthusiasm.

Vortex is that bassist/singer/blondie guy right? UGH I hate his voice, I think I'm the only one though.

Nope, I almost got killed last time I said how much I couldn't stand that dude though. :tickled: A lot of it is how his voice is recorded, it couldn't be more synthetic if he sang with NSync.

Erik, if they run out of the Agalloch-thingie I could always trade you my extra copy for something.

I just checked my paypal log for The End records. Since February 18th 2002 I've spent $1333 including shipping.

NAD said:
Nope, I almost got killed last time I said how much I couldn't stand that dude though. :tickled: A lot of it is how his voice is recorded, it couldn't be more synthetic if he sang with NSync.

Have you heard the Lamented Souls or the Borknagar albums he is on? He also does lead vocals on "The Chaos Path" by Arcturus. I think PEM is quite overproduced which may have an effect on what you think of his vocals, but maybe one of those others would get your attention.

*Listening to Chaos Path right now to refresh memory* Better, but nothing to write home about. He has a bit of the Roger Waters thing going on which is cool, but this song would be better if Garm sang lead. :dopey:

I only have the first Borknagar, like it but not enough to buy anymore just yet. Not familiar with Lamented Souls.

NAD said:
Not familiar with Lamented Souls.
That's because you never read my review you smelly cunt.

I hate this thread more and more - all these youngsters with more money than me. Opeth17 - I don't believe you're 17 with all the albums you buy. I think you're really 40 years old, and you run a small company pimping bitches for your feed.

I've also ordered two copies of the Agalloch split by the way. When they all sell out forever, I'll sell my spare for hundred of dollars and buy stock in Opeth17's whorehouse.

Opeth17, I'm in need of a good whore. I'm willing to tell you I love Simen in the non-gay way if you get me a hot big-tittied number for cheap.

Heh, actually I started to read that Lamented Souls review, but saw the name Dimmu Borgir early on and stopped. :loco: I'll read it right now, but I'm a smelly cunt either way.

Venom - Black Metal
Venom - At War With Satan
Venom - Welcome to Hell
Sacrilege B.C. - Party With God
Corrosion of Conformity - Animosity
Whiplash - Insult To Injury
Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

JayKeeley said:
I hate this thread more and more - all these youngsters with more money than me. Opeth17 - I don't believe you're 17 with all the albums you buy. I think you're really 40 years old, and you run a small company pimping bitches for your feed.

I've also ordered two copies of the Agalloch split by the way. When they all sell out forever, I'll sell my spare for hundred of dollars and buy stock in Opeth17's whorehouse.

Damn! I've been caught. :bah: This leaves me no option but to invite you all over for a night with the chick from the "Am I Metal?" thread. Yes, it was all a ploy you fools. :devil:

:D

Ahem, back on topic, I got an Opeth sticker today. w00t.

My order from Adipocere finally arrived after a month and a half. Hmmm, they must have swam it over here.

Astrofaes - The Eyes of the Beast
Monolithe - I

Status
Not open for further replies.