My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, in good condition, so the swimmer probably held the package above his head wth one arm and swam with the other, which must have added another two weeks to deliver.

Finally got in my package from Spread Evil

Hate Forest "The Gates" T-Shirt
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends Vinyl

The vinyl of forgotten legends has an alternate artwork, B&W and similar in the style that was used on the Burzum - s/t, while the cover is properly labeled with the band name and album title... I was expecting a larger version of the CD art. *shrugs*

NicodemiX said:
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends Vinyl

The vinyl of forgotten legends has an alternate artwork, B&W and similar in the style that was used on the Burzum - s/t, while the cover is properly labeled with the band name and album title... I was expecting a larger version of the CD art. *shrugs*

i saw the artwork on some site and was pretty dissapointed. i was hoping for some fitting nature artwork in color; some grand landscape vista or hoary trees would have been most fitting. perhaps color's too expensive for most labels, but necro black and white just doesn't fit :|

(not that i've herad the albums or plan to, but it still bothers me ;))

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God (promo from Nathan and <forgot his wife's name, Jodie is it?> Pearce; Thank you to the Pearces)

After one listen I gotta say I'm with Erik on this one. What's all the praise for? I shall listen to it more in the proper settings.

Yeah, I know. That was just a first impression. It sounds like Attila on vocals at certain points which is cool. I did think the last track kicked ass.

Nate The Great said:
Jeez. It needs more than one listen.
When I first heard the Blut Aus Nord, I was in some shoddy hotel and ready for bed. I turned out the lights, threw on my headphones and checked out "The Work that Transforms God" LOUD. I think I practically did a Trainspotting and shat my bed sheets. I felt like that bitch in Buffalo Bill's basement well, ready to be skinned.

Blut Aus Nord on headphones >>>>>> Blut Aus Nord on regular speakers

I just got.

Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard
:kickass:

Damn Nate, I must say, I'm digging your tastes these days.

Blut Aus Nord hit me square in the nuts on first listen and just got better each time. The one sample I downloaded from their website was so incredible that I made myself delete it after listening to it 20 times in a row, because I wanted to wait for the full effect of the album.

Got two hauls in yesterday:

From CD Baby:
Cranium - Pragmatics
Cobweb Strange - Breath of October
Electrocution 250 - Electric Cartoon Music From Hell
Eminence - Chaotic System
Erik Friedlander - Maldoror
Iced Ink - There's a Bee in Here
Erich Kory - Sentient Cello

From Columbia House:
Weather Report - Black Market
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior