My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you. Did you order it or do you have it in your hands already? If so... listen and tell me what you think before I leave for Wacken! :loco:

Just ordered it from CDuniverse. I'll have to let you know after Wacken, although the samples they had got me all tingly and aroused in the gay way.

Is that Runemagick from the pack I sent you? Dying to hear your thoughts on HoM...

It is... Well I just finished listening to "The Bastard" all the way through before popping this in and yes, I like it, though it will likely take time to grow on me fully. I read the story synopsis and followed the lyrics from the homepage and eh, it's quite impressive as a concept album really.

Yes, "The Bastard" is indeed a grower - don't take my word for it - everyone who now loves it pretty much agrees it took a while to sink in. However, "The August Engine" is much more immediate so to speak. Keep at it though, it's really worth it.

Ordered my Agalloch/Nest split too. Also ordered Sabbat - History of a Time to Come on CD to add to my soon-to-be arriving LP.

Wanted to order a load of other stuff but haven't really got the money right now :erk:

I went ahead and ordered it as well, though it will sit in my shoebox along with my other unplayed things like my Negura digibook and Tomorrow Never Come

Just visited Gothenburg, and bought the following albums:

At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours (limited edition with bonus tracks)
Borknagar - Epic (limited digipak edition w/slipcase)
Brodequin - Festival Of Death
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (yes.)
Enslaved - Monumension (limited edition w/slipcase)
Emperor - London Ceremony (rare Black Heart bootleg)
Exhumed - Anatomy Is Destiny (limited edition with bonus CD - Live In Tokyo)
Skinless - Foreshadowing Our Demise

TRITSIO is the win and as you should know by now one of the three best albums ever, the others range from "haven't heard, likely won't" through "crud" to "meh."

TRITSIO is indeed the win. The first At The Gates album I heard was "Slaughter Of The Soul", which I disliked and made me write the band off. However, I decided to give them another chance this summer, and found myself really enjoying the title track off TRITSIO. Thus I decided to buy it.

The others aren't your standard RC fare, I guess. That's why I'm more of a lurker than a regular poster here :p

henrikmain said:
The others aren't your standard RC fare, I guess. That's why I'm more of a lurker than a regular poster here :p
We have reviews up for all but one of those bands you know. :p

Exhumed is awesome, and that Dimmu Borgir I gave away because it sucked so much ass. Never got an opinion from JayKeeley on it either, he must agree... :Spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.