My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NicodemiX said:
My order from The End came in! :Spin:

Agalloch/Nest Split (#270)
In The Woods... - Heart of the Ages (Misanthropy Release - Amazon 004 WOOT!)
Today Is The Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Today Is The Day - Kiss The Pig
Neurosis - The Eye Of Every Storm
Ulver - Svidd Neger
Peccatum - Lost In Reverie

:headbang: I own everything on this haul, Except my Agalloch/Nest Split hasn't came yet.

well I'll be dipped in shit. One package from The End actually showed up today:

Ensiferum - Iron

1. I ordered this on July29th, and it arrives on August 20th
2. The postmark says August 3, which means they didn't ship it for 5 fucking days
3. I specifically asked for the jewel case version. What do they send me? The fucking digipak.

Sorry for my bitching, but this incompetence pisses me off, especially since The End used to be the best mailorder in the world.

Still waiting for my Agalloch split.

Erik said:
Still, TER aside, what the fuck is up with domestic mail taking 17 days?
Don't know. I remember buying a CD from 'gugs. He sent it priority, and it took a month to arrive. I hate the USPS.

Regarding The End, I think they switched to some shoddy shipping service. I guess $1.06 to ship one CD is too expensive. I just don't understand.

"The Hidden Hand vs Wooly Mammoth" split mini cd. Excellent (numbered) wooden case/carved cover limited to 999 copies. 2 songs from each band , the Hidden Hand songs are (of course) divine, and the Wooly Mammoth songs very good.

Ok, finally i got these:

Horna: Perimä Vihassa Ja Verikostossa pic 10" (inc. poster) Oskorej Productions OP011 2000
Arckanum: Fran Marder LP (ltd 141/500, splatter-vinyl, gatefold) Blut Und Eisen 2003

found all of these used:

Slayer - Haunting the Chapel
Dredg - Leifmotif
Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

I better like Radiohead...or else....Ill just have to sell them.

Every Radiohead album is different J. The Bends and OK Comp are more a like than others and Kid A and Amnesiac as well. Hail To The Theif is likeThe Bends +OK Computer +Kid A+ Amnesiac. You really should have gotten OK Computer. :)

I doubt you'll like the Bends, but if you like Hail to the Thief run out and get OK Computer immediately. Good job with COC, and I hope Haunting the Chapel was uber-cheap.

Do Make Say Think eh...? Might have to look into them then.

BTW, I said hopefully you got Haunting the Chapel cheap because it's a very short EP that normally goes for full price, and those songs are available on a Show No Mercy re-release (I think), but as Erik pointed out, CHEMICAL WARFAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaargh rules.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Hail to the Theif > The Bends

Do Make Say Think - Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn

NAD, this might be for you.

That is one of my favorite CDs ever. The tension build up and then relaxation in that album is stunning. It can completely take you away if you let it, although lately I only find myself listening to it when under a lot of stress.

This came in today:

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Haunting the Chapel was like $7.99 I think, which is normal price for an EP. It's got the 4th track, instead of just the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.