Status
Not open for further replies.
NAD said:
moog > any other keyboard based instrument
False

mellotron.jpg

Mellotron > Moog

JayKeeley said:
You realize though, that the picture I posted is not just a keyboard with beer bottles in the cabinet. Those beer bottles are a part of the instrument!
I just listened to a sound sample of it. Sounds fucking ridiculous. I have no idea why anyone would waste their time building a useless novelty instrument such as that.

I want one :loco:

I thought those were just ornamental beer bottles, I like the idea.

Mellotrons kick ass, but are too limited in sound. Moog > Mellotron > a whole shitload of other stuff.

Today's haul:

4 DVD Box Set - World War 2 Documentary. Including the DVDs "The Nazis Strike", "Divide And Conquer", "The Battle Of Britain" and "The Battle Of Russia".

NAD said:
Mellotrons kick ass, but are too limited in sound. Moog > Mellotron > a whole shitload of other stuff.
But the atmosphere created by a Mellotron is just so cool. Like the intro to "As Fire Swept Clean the Earth" on the last Enslaved album - isn't that a Mellotron? I want more Mellotron if it is.

I don't have Foxtrot, although I'd like to hear it.

I like the Mellotron a lot - does anyone else have any suggestions of where it's been used effectively? Don't Empyrium use it?

It also reminds me of a movie soundtrack, but I can't remember which one.

Empyrium use mellotrons on "Weiland", listen to "Kein Hirtenfeuer Glimmt Mehr" for great Mellotron usage. Katatonia have used it on and off, off the top of my head "Passing Bird" off LFDGD has it. Bruce Dickinson on "Accident of Birth."

Random off topic note: JayKeeley, did you know that the vocalist of the Serenade you sent me is also in Mithras?

Erik said:
Empyrium use mellotrons on "Weiland", listen to "Kein Hirtenfeuer Glimmt Mehr" for great Mellotron usage. Katatonia have used it on and off, off the top of my head "Passing Bird" off LFDGD has it. Bruce Dickinson on "Accident of Birth."
I will check that Empyrium song out today - thanks.

EDIT: Actually, I have the Katatonia and BD too, so I shall check it ALL out!

Random off topic note: JayKeeley, did you know that the vocalist of the Serenade you sent me is also in Mithras?
Wait a minute....his name if Fraser, and he happens to run Golden Lake Productions....that's the same guy in Mithras??? I talk to him all the time on e-mail!!! Fucking hell, that is hilarious, especially since I've been asking a random PR guy to hook me up with Mithras for an interview.

I never put 2 and 2 together. D'oh.

I finally got some new fucking albums!!!!!! :D

The first CDs I've gone in and bought off the shelves since Iron Maiden's last:

BLAZE - Blood & Belief
Death Angel - The Art Of Dying
DragonForce - Sonic Firestorm

and some LPs:

Anihilated - Created In Hate
Assorted Heap - Mindwaves
Attack - Destinies Of War
Dethrone - Let The Day Begin
Vulcano - Ratrace

My order from The End came in! :Spin:

Agalloch/Nest Split (#270)
In The Woods... - Heart of the Ages (Misanthropy Release - Amazon 004 WOOT!)
Today Is The Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Today Is The Day - Kiss The Pig
Neurosis - The Eye Of Every Storm
Ulver - Svidd Neger
Peccatum - Lost In Reverie

Status
Not open for further replies.