My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth17 said:
Nice name this place has got. I'm getting pretty damn tired of sending money overseas. :tickled:

How fast are they? and did you have to register your letter to get it there? Never sent anything to the Czech Republic.
I hate sending cash in an envelope, period. Paypal is so much easier and cheaper. But I don't mind if it's something I really want and it's hard to find, or in the case of the Arghoslent CD, almost impossible.

I had never done business with anyone in the Czech Republic before, so I was skeptical to say the least. I sent $13 in the envelope, and yes I registered it just to be safe. It took a while for my envelope to get there, maybe a little over a week. I was notified that the CD was mailed on the 6th, so what is that, 12 days to arrive here. The CD is in great condition and so are the inserts wth no promo markings or anything. He sent the CD in a registered envelope as well.

The guy who I talked to, Jirka Holub (I think that was his name) was a cool guy and answered emails very quickly.

If you're thinking of ordering from there, make sure you email him to reserve it.

Great movie matched by an equally great soundtrack:

B00007J8C7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now here's an unusual CD purchase:

cd.jpg

"Fornnordiska klanger/The Sounds of Prehistoric Scandinavia" -- 41 tracks of samples of pre-christian Nordic music instruments -- originals and replicas -- recorded by various musicians and researched/produced by music archeologist Cajsa S. Lund.

Very interested in adding a traditional/folk element to the next Nasheim release, see, and if we do that I want it to be as close to pre-Christian music as is possible -- none of this medieval carnival folk music that so often permeates viking/folk metal bands... So I'm doing a bit of research.

Status
Not open for further replies.