My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, so have you heard the first Dolorian album? Not sure if I asked you before. Anyway, that one has black metal style vocals for the most part and is probably a lot more aggressive. Very good, but nothing I listen to THAT often.

Nope, although I have heard that the vocals are pariculary screechy. Interesting turn they took for the second album. Also interesting that their second album is the self-titled one, as usually when a band releases a s/t album (and it isn't their debut), there is usally an indication that the band is re-inventing itself.

Ha ha, you only now bought DMDS. *POINT, LAUGH*

...though I won't say too much as I only bought "Transilvanian Hunger" a couple of months ago...

Behold... The Arctopus - Arctopocalypse Now... Warmageddon Later 3" CD demo
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveller

hmmm
alchemist-organasm. dammmmn good band. gotta get the newest one too.
the haunted girlie shirt.
cryptopsy and then you'll beg vinyl, though it was a gift for someone else.
...peppermints *crunch crunch*

and what i WILL have soon or else shoot myself: lost soul- scream of the mourning star.

I would say I can't afford this, but at $33.19 total I can't afford NOT to:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
The Doors - LA Woman
Genesis - Foxtrot (OMG BWD WTF LOLZ)
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
Jeff Buckley - Grace

J. since you liked Radiohead I decided to go with your recommendation for Buckley. :p

Weather Report is a 70's prog/fusion/etc. band. I've never heard them. They've been on my list for YEARS because Jaco Pastorius was their bassist for a spell and the dude is in about half of the bass magazines I've ever even looked at, so I've been curious. I've never heard him either.

100% blind! :kickass:

I have a couple Weather Report albums... they're regarded to be the pinnacle of jazz fusion... it's interesting but I don't really listen to it anymore.

The best jazz fusion is Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Status
Not open for further replies.