Latest order (amidst the power outages):

BURZUM - Hildskjaf
IN FLAMES - Lunar Strain + Subterannean
OF THE WAND & THE MOON - Nighttime Nightrhymes
HYPOCRISY - Abducted
OMNIUM GATHERUM - Spirits and August Light
ULVER - Vargnatt 10" LP

Hooha!

As of real soon, my latest purchases will be a flashlight, an oil lamp, and a battery powered radio. I realized how completely unprepared I am for any kind of power outage. Well... it's a good thing mom and dad only live about ten minutes away. :)

I seriously do not know how I would have passed the time this past day without my gameboy...

this new A. Bros kicks some ass because they've got Warren Haynes back, and 2nd guitar by Derek Trucks, just an awesome tandem. they play some wicked dual slide leads that are just mind boggling.

but you're right, the classic stuff is just awe inspiring.

ref. Gamma Ray, I've kind of been learning their stuff backwards; the first I bought of them was the Blast from the Past, where the fans voted on the three best songs from each album, and then they rerecorded them with the newest version of the band.

lizard said:
...the first I bought of them was the Blast from the Past, where the fans voted on the three best songs from each album...

Yeah - how Abyss of the Void wasn't chosen from LotF is beyond me. And anyway, I didn't like the stuff they redid for Blast from the Past (except the older stuff that never had Kai on vocals). The later stuff did not need to be touched IMO.

Gamma Ray peaked at Land of the Free, and it's probably a reflection of the vocalist change too. Scheepers went on to front Primal Fear, a clone of Painkiller era Priest.

For me, these are the Gamma Ray albums in order of preference:

1 - Land of the Free
2 - Somewhere out in Space
3 - Powerplant
4 - No World Order

Everything else isn't really that necessary IMO, but you're right - some people like Scheepers. They probably tend to like Matt Sinner, Ripper Owens and Rob Halford too. :)

NAD said:
You're so god damn going to love these. :D

I think The End shipped me the original pressing for Abducted. The packaging is just dreadful - looks like a blurred color photocopy. Kind of odd considering they went to great length to get the Maximum Abducted EP out in that dead chicken shape, heh.

Anyway, upon first listen, I really did "Killing Art". Def a standout track for me.

I think it's supposed to be blurred, that's how mine is too. Killing Art is definitely one of their best, but I have spent entire nights just driving around with Paradox on repeat. :)

You know, some people say that the Maxium Abduction CD is a heart, but it is so obviously a chicken I don't know what they be smokin'.

NAD said:
I think it's supposed to be blurred, that's how mine is too. Killing Art is definitely one of their best, but I have spent entire nights just driving around with Paradox on repeat. :)

Ooh yeah, Paradox has that riff in it that would cause erectile overload in one's pants.

You know, some people say that the Maxium Abduction CD is a heart, but it is so obviously a chicken I don't know what they be smokin'.

It's a fucking chicken. In fact, the same image is used in the CD insert, and it's a godamn chicken. It even looks freshly plucked.

JayKeeley said:
It's a fucking chicken. In fact, the same image is used in the CD insert, and it's a godamn chicken. It even looks freshly plucked.
I'm glad you have such hostility toward this thought, as it proves that I didn't overreact by yelling at that moron. :Spin:

Morrigan - Enter the Sea of Flames
Mütiilation - Majestas Leprosus
Nothing - The Grey Subaudible
Skepticism - Farmakon
Skepticism - Lead & Aether
Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens
Xasthur - Nocturnal Poisoning

phyre said:
Skepticism - Lead & Aether

Thought you already had this? Some people think it's their best. I can only take it in doses, but it is quite fascinating.

Xasthur - Nocturnal Poisoning

Where did you get Xasthur? I've been looking for some ever since npearce started raving about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.