My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayKeeley said:
Moontower is fucking overrated anyway.
Says YOU. :Spin: Not that I have ever heard it myself, but I have seen mixed opinions of it. The End describes it as "jazz metal with growly vocals" or something. Regardless, I'll probably just buy more EoS releases instead, save the Swano love for a later date.

I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, just overrated. Seriously - lots of proggy 70's keyboards and screaming going on. But people will praise it just because it's Swano.

NOT nearly as astounding as Crimson or Purgatory, says me. :Spin:

But I like proggy 70s keyboards! I'm a King Crimson whore by far! :) I'm just glad I picked up Crimson on a whim, because the only thing I knew of Swano before was that he produced Opeth's Morningrise, which I can't fathom as being good in any sort of way. Dry production, boring songs, blah blah blah.

phyre said:
So will you tell me WTF these guys are about?

Sure, as soon as I listen to it!

We were in Hellion Records, a cool little shop in the small town of Itzehoe (that I imagine counts on Wacken attendees each year to finance them for the rest of the year), and I asked one of the staffers which would be the best STS album to buy. He recommended that one. I've been told that they are very medieval and folky, using many traditional instruments and whatnot. Hell, maybe I'll throw it on now while I'm sitting here pulling my hair out.

OK wins/deliveries of the day:

Negura Bunget - Sala Molsksa
Negura Bunget - Zirnindu Sa
Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic
Hypocrisy - Maximum Abducted EP (roast chicken)
Helstar - Nosferatu
Solefald - Neonism

Thanks to Tribalchemy from DemonicHorde.com for the Negura Bunget trio deal - very excellent. Getting your banner link up on our site asap - thanks for listing RC on yours.

The others were cheapies on eBay and Half.com.

My latest purchases over the last week are:

AC/DC - High Way To Hell (remaster)
AC/DC - High Voltage (remaster)
AC/DC - Live (remaster)
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality
Y&T - Contagious

Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force

And some singles:
Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
Warrant - Heaven

Yesterday I got a mass of demos through the post also:
Behemoth - Rehearsal 1994
Decemberence - Just A Blackclad...
Dissection - The Grief Prophecy
Goatvomit - Carnal Blasphemy
Leprosy - Intellectual Slaughter
Morganatische Machenschaft - Dying At The End Of Us
Ravencult - Despise The Blindfold, Cosmic Chaos
Scorched Earth Tactics - promo '02

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (happy!?!? :D )
Sepultura - Under A Pale Grey Sky

Hey Barnes and Noble has Roorback set for release on 8/26, so I guess it is being released stateside...? I thought The End was just hooking up imports as usual.

Ayeka said:
Yesterday I got a mass of demos through the post also:
Behemoth - Rehearsal 1994
Decemberence - Just A Blackclad...
Dissection - The Grief Prophecy
Goatvomit - Carnal Blasphemy
Leprosy - Intellectual Slaughter
Morganatische Machenschaft - Dying At The End Of Us
Ravencult - Despise The Blindfold, Cosmic Chaos
Scorched Earth Tactics - promo '02

Wow! Are all of those on tape as well?

NAD said:
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (happy!?!? :D )

Ha ha! Fooled you!

Hey Barnes and Noble has Roorback set for release on 8/26, so I guess it is being released stateside...? I thought The End was just hooking up imports as usual.

Yeah but I think the US release will be a regular old jewel case single CD release. I want the 2-CD version with Revolusongs on the second CD...and that is probably going to be an eBay purchase at this point.

JayKeeley said:
Wow! Are all of those on tape as well?

All CD-R. Scorched Earth Tactics was ordered from the band direct but they're too poor to be able to press proper CDs ^_^ I'm not kvlt enough to own the originals ;)

Of all those, Ravencult are definately my fave. Even though I'd gotten confused and thought I was getting demos of a band called Ravenclaw >_< heh, fuck it, I'd picked almost the entire list pretty much at random anyway! :D

Solefald - In Harmonia Universali
Borknagar - s/t
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow

You know, I still have about 5 sealed CDs so I shouldn't be doing this...

The S/T Borknagar is very good, if a little grating when you listen to the whole thing straight through... Garm's vocals are excellent as always and the whole thing has an atmosphere they lost in subsequent releases.

Purgatory Afterglow, of course, is excellent, though the quality of the songs seems to decline the further into the album you get. "Song of Sirens" -- WTF!?

I just found out that Garm was on the first few Borknagar CDs, then noticed the cover of the s/t looked suspiciously like the back of Bergtatt so I took it as a sign. :D

I'm slowly developing an EoS addiction, just building off of that for now.

btw. . .

Ulver - Silencing the Singing ep
Ulver - Silence Teaches Us How to Sing ep
Ulver - Metamorphosis ep
Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
Bathory - Nordland 2
Bathory - The Return
Thyrfing - Valdr Galga
Alchemist - Organasm
Naglfar - Sheol
those 4 gravelands i ordered
extol - synergy
steve vai - sex and religion
aeternus - and so the night became
graveworm - uhhh. . . the new one
borknagar - the olden domain
symphony x - divine wings of tragedy

Ulver - Quick Fix EP
Ulver - Quick Fix tshirt
Ulver - Vargnatt vinyl (is out!)

The End had a special, I couldn't refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.