My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, alright. Speaking of the bass, DMDS is the only album I know of that has two bass tracks throughout, one clean and one distorted... Which sounds very good when the clean bass does high, wandering bass lines and the distorted one just kind of plays along with the rhythm guitars.

phyre said:
Oh, alright. Speaking of the bass, DMDS is the only album I know of that has two bass tracks throughout, one clean and one distorted... Which sounds very good when the clean bass does high, wandering bass lines and the distorted one just kind of plays along with the rhythm guitars.
Well that certainly piqued MY interest... added to the list. Another album that has multiple bass tracks is an old demo of mine. :p

... and a bit high speed suddenly, over 30 min. to post a reply man it's way too much for my nerves, back l8tr .........

phyre said:

Wow. Is that a review in your pipeline? We need to get some more classics on the site.

phyre said:

:eek: Quite stunning!

I must agree with JK also. Listening to that album made me feel like forming the most kvlt and evil misanthropic extreme mvtvl band of bubonic plague and despair. It won't happen, but is tempting :p

Nuclear Rabbit - Vicuna
Their debut, showed up yesterday. Very stoked for their new album, support local bands!!!

Ulver - Silence Teaches You How to Sing
Thanks Dreamlord.

Ordered..:
Himinbjörg - In The Raven's Shadow
Blessed In Sin / Kristallnacht / Seigneur Voland - Gathered Under Banner Of Concilium
Abyssic Hate - Suicidal Emotions
Shining - III: Angst
Krieg - Destruction Ritual
Veles - Night On The Bare Mountain

Lutz said:
Ordered..:
Himinbjörg - In The Raven's Shadow

I have this - the chrome digipak is rather nice. :)

Blessed In Sin / Kristallnacht / Seigneur Voland - Gathered Under Banner Of Concilium

It's a French attack! What do you think of Seigneur Voland?

Veles - Night On The Bare Mountain

I was just outbid on this on eBay. Wasn't you by any chance was it? :D

JayKeeley said:
It's a French attack! What do you think of Seigneur Voland?
Don't really know.. heard one or two songs by them, nothing special I think, I'll see when I get this order. I got this split mostly for Blessed in Sin (though I do like Kristallnacht too, but not nearly as much)

JayKeeley said:
I was just outbid on this on eBay. Wasn't you by any chance was it? :D
Nah.. I don't buy stuff at ebay.
Bought it from a swedish distro, last copy they had (cost around 80kr..thats like 10 USD or smth?).

Just ordered Maximum Abducted EP (shaped CD) by Hipocrisy for $3...wanna check them out, so I thought this might be an interesting starting point.

Is this a rare item btw?

JayKeeley said:
Just ordered Maximum Abducted EP (shaped CD) by Hipocrisy for $3...wanna check them out, so I thought this might be an interesting starting point.

Is this a rare item btw?

It's kind of a useless ep, and you probably would have been better off just buying Abducted (where half of the ep is from), but for the price, it's no big deal I guess.

However, if I were to recommend a Hypocrisy album to a first time listener, it probably wouldn't that full length, though it's good. Without giving too much thought, I would say (1) The Fourth Dimension, (2) Hypocrisy, (3) Osculum Obscenum, and (4) Abducted. The first two I listed I would go so far to call essential metal.

Oh, I don't think it's rare, but I'm not sure...

bloodfiredeath said:
It's kind of a useless ep, and you probably would have been better off just buying Abducted (where half of the ep is from), but for the price, it's no big deal I guess.

Most EP's are a bit of a waste, but like you say, it was $3 and I wanted the novelty of the CD being shaped....heh.

However, if I were to recommend a Hypocrisy album to a first time listener, it probably wouldn't that full length, though it's good. Without giving too much thought, I would say (1) The Fourth Dimension, (2) Hypocrisy, (3) Osculum Obscenum, and (4) Abducted. The first two I listed I would go so far to call essential metal.

My interest was piqued upon reading our Abducted review by NAD. There's an interesting thread on the Hipocrisy forum where the self titled album was the clear cut victor in a poll...

Oh, I don't think it's rare, but I'm not sure...

It will be one day....like 2070.

Got all my stuff now..
The Abyssic Hate, Shining and Himinbjörg cds were great, as I already knew.
Veles sounded like Carpathian Wolves era Graveland..Quite good.
The Krieg was good, but nothing special I suppose. Need to listen to it more..

Seigneur Voland was ok, sounding mostly like Kristallnacht..
The Kristallnacht tracks were surprisingly great though, but the Blessed In Sin track and Beherit cover owned them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.