My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
phyre said:
"Hi, my name is Erik and I buy too many CD's."
"HI ERIK!"

Erik might need an intervention at Wacken.... although I doubt any of the RC staff there will be able to help as they'll all be busy buying too many CDs!
:lol:

OK here is my list - not all bought in one go I might add...these have been dripping through the mail box over the last couple of weeks....
Burzum – Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum – Ragnarok
Mayhem – De Mysteriis Dom Santhanas
Moonspell – Wolfheart
Mortuary Drape – Tolling 13 Knell
Isengard – Vinterskugge
Himinbjorg – In the Ravens Shadow
Himinbjorg – Third
Hrossharsgrani – The Secret Fire
Emperor – Reverence
Emperor – IX Equilibrium
Catamenia – Eskhata
Helheim – Yersina Pestis
Limbonic Art – Ad Noctum
Slayer – Haunting the Chapel
Dark Fortress – Profane Genocidal Creations
Autumnblaze - Bleak

phyre said:
Yeah. Pity we didn't get any RC shirts printed in time for Wacken... Hehe.

Don't be too sure. I don't want to get any hopes up in case something goes amiss, but having RC tshirts in time for Wacken isn't out of the question yet!
;)

(Mark, thanks for getting hold of your friend last weekend!)

Burzum – Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Good for you! As I've said before, first song on this = best song ever.
Burzum – Ragnarok
Total ripoff release. Two worthwhile songs on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if those were mastered from MP3. I have it too.
Mayhem – De Mysteriis Dom Santhanas
One of the best BM albums ever.
Isengard – Vinterskugge
A few excellent tracks ("Vinterskugge", "Naglfar", "Thy Gruesome Death") and a lot of not-so-excellent ones. Must-have, though.
Emperor – Reverence
Emperor's last truly great release.
Emperor – IX Equilibrium
Ho-hum.
Helheim – Yersina Pestis
Tell me how this is. Still wondering whether it is worth buying; Helheim's first two are among my favourite albums but their recent style doesn't excite me too much.
Limbonic Art – Ad Noctum
Should buy an album by these guys.
Autumnblaze - Bleak
Been contemplating getting this. I've heard "I Shiver" which is a really good song.

haddsie said:
Don't be too sure. I don't want to get any hopes up in case something goes amiss, but having RC tshirts in time for Wacken isn't out of the question yet!

;)

(Mark, thanks for getting hold of your friend last weekend!)

Cool! I prefer longsleeves (XL) but for shortsleeve T-shirt's I'd want L. Probably. Just in case ;)

phyre said:
Cool! I prefer longsleeves (XL) but for shortsleeve T-shirt's I'd want L. Probably. Just in case ;)

It's one of those things where we buy a batch of one shirt type - so for the first batch, we're going with short sleeves, seeing as it's summer. :cool: But otherwise I agree, long sleeves ruleth.

Oh and by the way, regarding that last batch of CDs I bought, they were ALL bought on eBay for an average cost of $4. So I think I did really well hunting those down for the prices.

By the way, I haven't heard all of them yet, but I love Vinterskugge - thing is, like you say, some of it is hit-or-miss. Have you noticed the fluctuation in production value throughout? It's not a compilation a la Ragnarok is it?

I'll keep you posted on the Helheim.

Jay. The track listiing on the back of Vinterskugge will enlighten you. What it is is one newly-recorded (at the time of its release) album with 7 songs or so IIRC, and two older demos. The demos are more in a death metal style with some oddities scattered throughout while the actual Vinterskugge album is the "viking metal" stuff.

HarmonyDies. Great buys, those.

Ordered Swordmaster - Postmortem Tales from cdon.com
But knowing how slow they are, I will probably have to wait some weeks, that is if I get it at all. But hey, it was cheap and I don't have to pay until I get it.

NAD said:
Long sleeve shirt? What the hell is that? :D

You Southern California-living, beach-going, sun-worshipping, no snow-shoveling bastard! :D
(You don't have a spare room available in your place by any chance?)

:lol: Except that beach loving bit, no thanks! The snow is only 45 minutes up the mountain, but I never have to deal with it on a daily basis!

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla

I just need to track down vinyl copies of British Steel, Turbo and Painkiller to have every Rob album on vinyl :cool: a friend has one, local record shop has another...this should be an easy quest :cool: :cool:

JayKeeley said:
By the way, I haven't heard all of them yet, but I love Vinterskugge - thing is, like you say, some of it is hit-or-miss. Have you noticed the fluctuation in production value throughout? It's not a compilation a la Ragnarok is it?

I always found Vinterskugge to be a tough listen. There are a few good tracks, but alot of it doesn't do it for me. I was disappointed because it took me a while to track it down when I got it a few years ago. This came after I already had, and loved, Hostmorke. Do you have that? And if so, what do you think? I think it's brilliant.

bloodfiredeath said:
...This came after I already had, and loved, Hostmorke. Do you have that? And if so, what do you think? I think it's brilliant.

No Hostmorke at this end - not come across them. Should I check them out?

Ayeka said:
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin

The worst Iron Maiden cover ever (Aces High). :puke:

Warrant - Cherry Pie

Just for your info, the chick in this video was just incredible (if you like that beach blonde red lipped kind of thang!).

Plus two Cinderella singles :)

Let me guess: Don't Know What you've Got ('till it's gone) & Heartbreak Station. Booya!

phyre said:
"Høstmørke" is the second Isengard album, and I too think it is vastly superior to "Vinterskugge." More coherent, at the very least.

Aah! Now it all makes sense. Being vastly superior to Vinterskugge means it joins my hit list, since I like Vinterskugge (at least the coherent bits anyway, heh).

JayKeeley said:
The worst Iron Maiden cover ever (Aces High). :puke:

Awwww! I've only gotten round to listening to the first five songs, I've got a hunch this will really grow on me. I really like Ravenous, I remember it well from Donington :) I got few raised eyebrows :erm: of the AE forum when I referred to it as "death metal pop" but I still stand by that. It is very pop for death metal :)

Just for your info, the chick in this video was just incredible (if you like that beach blonde red lipped kind of thang!).

Is this the same chick on the album cover? Twould be fine if she weren't ginger ;) :erk: nice tits though :)

Let me guess: Don't Know What you've Got ('till it's gone) & Heartbreak Station. Booya!

'fraid not love! Shake Me and Nobody's Fool ;) ain't listened to 'em yet but I've got a hunch it's definately my kinda thing...

Ayeka said:
Awwww! I've only gotten round to listening to the first five songs, I've got a hunch this will really grow on me. I really like Ravenous

The album Wages of Sin is great - I agree, it is melodic death pop! But have you got the 2 disc version with all the covers on it, including that older Iron Maiden cover? That's not so good...

Is this the same chick on the album cover? Twould be fine if she weren't ginger ;) :erk: nice tits though :)

I rarely get past the tits.

'fraid not love! Shake Me and Nobody's Fool ;) ain't listened to 'em yet but I've got a hunch it's definately my kinda thing...

Did you ever see the Moscow Peace Festival concert on video? I think it was filmed in 1990 or 1991. It was a free concert for the Russkies, and featured Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, and Cinderella. Well, Cinderella played Nobody's Fool and it was very very cool in front of 100,000 folks.

If you like that era of metal as you say, hunt down the Moscow Peace Festival - it's a really good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.