My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Thanks a lot for the above two comments, I appreciate it. We're now down to 2 members and we're working on some new stuff that will probably see a tape release on a small label. Less melody, more atmosphere. Stay tuned.

This fucker is in Nasheim?!?! :eek: no wonder he got a good review!!!!! ;)

j/k mate ;) bro, keep us up to date, man. That demo is fucking good.

Yeah, I'm 50% of Nasheim now. I wrote all the music & lyrics on the promo song, did the drums, vocals, left guitar, acoustic guitar and lead guitar, recorded & mixed it, did the cover and the web page. We got rid of the second guitarist so now we're me on basically everything except bass & some lyrics/music by our bassist. Thanks for the feedback..!

My Thrash/Speed band might be opening for The Devin Townsend Band and Strappign young Lad, and we will be releasing an album in the summer. wooohooo. BTW the band my band is called Exterminator, i would give the URL but i dont want you to hear those shitty recordings witha mini disc player. Oh and if you live near Ottawa, we are opening up for Goathorn and Rammer in July.

oh and i just bought

Darkthrone - Hate Them

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind
Bob Dylan - Love and Theft
Iggy Pop - Raw Power

'Twas time to begin my Dylan collection. :)

Just went apeshit, planned on getting the Vargnatt vinyl but it got delayed and they're out of stock of Vader - Revelations.

Firebird - Deluxe (Bill Steer is GOD)
Firebird - No. 3 (see above)
Behemoth - Dos Dues Whatever (???)
Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me w/ bonus tracks (yes, I'm a fanboy)
Virgin Black - Elegant... and dying.

This will (hopefully) be last purchase for awhile. Ah screw it, only money right? :)

NAD said:
This will (hopefully) be last purchase for awhile. Ah screw it, only money right? :)

That's why I posted the Trade thread - I figure that everyone needs to clear out the closets in a while (and trade to save $$)!!

My next order with The End will be when they stock the AGALLOCH Heather Pride tour shirt. It's in their mail update, but not on-line!! D'oh!

NAD - did you ever buy Antimatter?

I'm waiting for the limited edition Lights Out to come out, should be sometime soon. I'll send you the promo copy then, because it rarely escapes my CD player! :)

NAD said:
I'm waiting for the limited edition Lights Out to come out, should be sometime soon. I'll send you the promo copy then, because it rarely escapes my CD player! :)

...but that's not what I was referring too...*sheepishly hides in corner*
blush.gif

I'm (kind of) back... Here's what I've bought in various CD shops inUppsala & Stockholm...

Bathory "Nordland I" CD
Dimension Zero "Penetrations From The Lost World" CD (OOP rare kvlt)
Edge of Sanity "The Spectral Sorrows" CD
Golden Dawn "The Art of Dreaming" digi (original pressing)
Moonsorrow "Kivenkantaja" CD (copy-"protected". Fuck my old boots)
Naglfar "Vittra" CD (first pressing)
Sabbat "Mourning Has Broken" CD (first pressing)
Summoning "Lost Tales" CD
Testament "The New Order" CD
Testament "Practice What You Preach" CD
Unanimated "Ancient God of Evil" CD
Vital Remains "Into Cold Darkness" CD
Zyklon-B "Blood Must Be Shed" CD (rare kvlt OOP rare HTF)

Good stuff.

phyre said:
Bathory "Nordland I" CD
I like it, but I think I prefer II.

Golden Dawn "The Art of Dreaming" digi (original pressing)
Let me know what you think - the follow up was supposed to be shite.

Moonsorrow "Kivenkantaja" CD (copy-"protected". Fuck my old boots)
God I love this album.

Sabbat "Mourning Has Broken" CD (first pressing)
What did you pay for this, if you don't mind me asking?

Good stuff.
Indeed. That's some good review potential there.:cool:

phyre said:
Testament "Practice What You Preach" CD
:headbang:

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
Found it for $9 at a cool used CD store up in San Luis Obispo, that town kicks ass. EVERY town kicks ass outside of Southern Crapifornia though!!! Time to go for a job hunt.

phyre said:
Unanimated "Ancient God of Evil" CD
Vital Remains "Into Cold Darkness"

That Unanimated is excellent. And I really want to know how much you paid for that Vital Remains. Are you aware that I've seen that cd go for up to $70-80 on eBay right now? I got mine from Jeff Gruslin, the vocalist on the album (what a coincedence!?!) about two years ago for like $12. Their cover of Celtic frost's "Dethroned Emperor" is superb!

Recent purchases for Papa include

MELECHESH "Sphynx" (absolutely awesome! Digipak on Osmose, nice package. Awesome drumming once again by Proscriptor of ABSU. Production by one Andy LaRocque. Kick ass!

REDEMPTION s/t (should be here anyday now....)

DEFILED "Divination" (Ultra brutal and technical death metal from Japan)

Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Just noticed The End has it in stock, $11 is okay to spend, no beer this week. :)

And I really want toknow how much you paid for that Vital Remains. Are you aware that I've seen that cd go for up to $70-80 on eBay right now? I got mine from Jeff Gruslin, the vocalist on the album (what a coincedence!?!) about two years ago for like $12. Their cover of Celtic frost's "Dethroned Emperor" is superb!
Haha. Cool. I dunno, I think I paid about $8? Scouring used CD shops frequently brings nice stuff. Those Golden Dawn, Naglfar, Sabbat, Vital Remains and Dimension Zero albums are all OOP, and I didn't pay much for any one of them.

BTW, I recently got Infernal Gates "From The Mist Of The Dark Waters" (or something like that) off eBay, and also I'm considering picking up a copy of Eucharist "Mirrorworlds" that I've seen in a nearby CD store; I already have it but as it's rare and sought after by quite a lot of people I thought I'd maybe pick it up as trade-bait. Anyone here want to buy it or trade something for it? Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.