My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a slaytanic record shop in a small town in Wales and got:

Bitch's Sin - Invaders
Dragon - Fallen Angel

And a Thrash compilation from 1992 featuring Venom, Dragon, Nuclear Assault, Wolf Spider, C.I.A., Sarcofago....and many others whose names evade me. Good shit.

I traded some power metal CDs for these:

Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Today is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail

The guy i traded with said Sadness Will Prevail is fucking terrible. But that's not what i hear around here.

JayKeeley said:
My interest was piqued upon reading our Abducted review by NAD. There's an interesting thread on the Hipocrisy forum where the self titled album was the clear cut victor in a poll...
It is quite a remarkable album. Peter's performance is staggering (vocals, guitar, keyboards, production).

Sadness Will Prevail is very good, but... well you'll see. :)

Ordered this morning:
Dan Swano - Moontower
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow

Been listening to Crimson nonstop for a few weeks, might as well continue the obsession.

JayKeeley said:
Do a review man!
This one will take a few months, I'm still new to it! Besides, wouldn't Papa Josh slap me if I gave it anything less than a perfect 10? :Spin: I will work on Purgatory Afterglow when it comes in the mail, and look for another Hypocrisy review soon... aftermath of the flood is still occuring. :erk:

Yeah, well, so I promised myself not to buy any records and stuff at Wacken because of my limited budget (100 euros to spend on stuff--food et al--there.) I failed, obviously.

Anathema "Pentecost ]|[" CD
Dolorian "When All The Laughter Has Gone" CD
Mayhem/Morbid "A Tribute To The Black Emperors" CD
and a Tiamat longsleeve for EUR8 from the Century Media tent.

...so I had EUR0.34 or so to live on the last day.

Latest purchase:

Ibanez RG421 on closeout for $279.99, regular price was $579.99 -- even more expensive in Sweden, I ordered from Music123 -- shipping to Sweden was $118 and it STILL is much cheaper than the same guitar would've been in Sweden.

rg421bk_Ibanez.jpg

Nice RG model with fixed bridge. WHEE. I am SO fucking fed up with my current POS guitar.

On that note... I bought some drum muting rings today while straightening out my Sam Ash credit card at the store. :p

phyre said:
Latest purchase:

Ibanez RG421 on closeout for $279.99, regular price was $579.99 -- even more expensive in Sweden, I ordered from Music123 -- shipping to Sweden was $118 and it STILL is much cheaper than the same guitar would've been in Sweden.

rg421bk_Ibanez.jpg

Nice RG model with fixed bridge. WHEE. I am SO fucking fed up with my current POS guitar.

Congradulations phyre. Welcome to the all black guitar club. heh

Im saving up for a new amp currently, you know how hard it is to get heard at rehearsal with 15watt amp. hehe BTW i left Exterminator, mostly cause i wasn't gay. and the singer sucked.

Congradulations phyre. Welcome to the all black guitar club. heh

Im saving up for a new amp currently, you know how hard it is to get heard at rehearsal with 15watt amp. hehe BTW i left Exterminator, mostly cause i wasn't gay. and the singer sucked.
Actually, I think I'm kind of in the all black guitar club already as my current guitar looks like:

ERG121.jpg

My amp sucks as well, 15 solid state watts, but I don't fucking rehearse, so whatever.

At Wacken, I actually managed to keep my shopping within reason. Here's what I brought home:

Behemoth - Histora (Ltd. Box Set, which includes And The Forests Dream Eternally, Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic), Grom, Pandemonic Incantations, and Live In Krakow)
Mork Gryning - Pieces Of Primal Expressions
Subway To Sally - Bannkreis
Tyr - Eric The Red
Tyr - How Far To Asgaard
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality (CD+DVD)
Entombed - Inferno
Edguy - Burning Down The Opera Live
Blind Guardian/Freedom Call - Nightfall At The Opera, double-live digipack bootleg from April 29, 2002

Freedom Call 'Eternity' t-shirt
Graveland 'Impaler's Wolves' t-shirt
Wacken 2003 t-shirt
Helloween 'Flying Pumpkin' t-shirt
Ancient Rites 'goat & pentagram' t-shirt
In Flames 'Gothenberg 031 football' jersey

Oh yeah, and a kilt. Yes, a kilt. :)

phyre said:
Actually, I think I'm kind of in the all black guitar club already as my current guitar looks like:

ERG121.jpg

My amp sucks as well, 15 solid state watts, but I don't fucking rehearse, so whatever.

hehe, forget i ever said that then.

HarmonyDies.... said:

Ah, brings back memories of two years ago, when I was in my second/third last band...those were the days :cool:

I remember when I just had a 100 watt amp... that sucked. Before anyone freaks, that DOES suck for a bassist, I was drowned out by two 10-watt amps in an old band of mine. :)

10 to 20 watts on an all tube amp guitar amp kicks ass though, you can run the gain and volume past 10 and not go deaf.

My EoS and Dan Swano order got cancelled, out of stock. D'oh. :erk:

Status
Not open for further replies.