My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAD is right, Ion Dissonance is top notch grind. Seriously for fans of Dillinger, Cryptopsy and just pure insanity!

And NAD, I have some info to get you on those bands, I forgot to send their press sheet, so I'll give you some info ASAP. Leng TCh'E is interesting in that the vocalist for Aborted plays drums/backing vocals in the project.

Nehëmah/Vultyr - Split
Isvind - Dark Waters Stir
Nortt - Mournful Monuments
Warfire/Ad Hominem - Purification
Impious Havoc - The Great Day Of Wrath
Wolfthorn - Spiritual Supremacy

JayKeeley said:
System of a Down - Toxicity ($6)
I looked for this CD one day and it was missing from its case, but $2 were left in it's place by the thief.
Bought the CD again.
Six months later my ex-roommate told me "hey, I think I found your CD!" and gave it to me (he left his copy in Amsterdam in a rental car). Gives me back my CD.
A few weeks ago I find my original copy in the case of David Bowie - Aladdin Sane.
So now I have 3 copies and 2 cases.

Who knows who the second CD belongs to, the saga continues... :lol:

NAD said:
I looked for this CD one day and it was missing from its case, but $2 were left in it's place by the thief.
Bought the CD again.
Six months later my ex-roommate told me "hey, I think I found your CD!" and gave it to me (he left his copy in Amsterdam in a rental car). Gives me back my CD.
A few weeks ago I find my original copy in the case of David Bowie - Aladdin Sane.
So now I have 3 copies and 2 cases.

Who knows who the second CD belongs to, the saga continues... :lol:

My gosh - what a tale! :lol: And I wish I knew you had spares before I spent my $6!

The $2 inside the CD case is just cheap though. I would have left $3.

Nest - Woodsmoke
Katatonia - For Funerals to Come

Dying to hear Nest particularly with Agalloch planning their split release with them. Anyone else heard of Nest?

JayKeeley said:
Katatonia - For Funerals to Come
TEH FUCKING WIN. "Funeral Wedding" is amazing, amazing, amazing. A full-length KATATONIA album of this style would've been very interesting -- as you might know FFTC was originally planned to be a full-length album called "Moonbride," but that was scrapped.

BTW, did you receive the CD-R with the demos yet? I got the 2nd Moonsorrow demo, Windir and Wiccan Rede demos today, tell me if you want 'em.

phyre said:
TEH FUCKING WIN. "Funeral Wedding" is amazing, amazing, amazing. A full-length KATATONIA album of this style would've been very interesting -- as you might know FFTC was originally planned to be a full-length album called "Moonbride," but that was scrapped.
Sweet. :cool: Forgot to mention that I picked up Dance of the December Souls too. :erk:
BTW, did you receive the CD-R with the demos yet? I got the 2nd Moonsorrow demo, Windir and Wiccan Rede demos today, tell me if you want 'em.
Yes I got your CD - danke! And yes please on the next set - dying to hear Wiccan Rede. You gonna review any NB?

So no Nest at your end, Phyre?

Also, I'm buring you that Woodtemple as well. Any other NSBM you want me to burn for ya?

BTW, as you might have noticed the sound on Falkenbach and Moonsorrow isn't exactly the best ever. Not my fault, they actually do sound like that. :p Considerably better sound on these newly received three I have here.

phyre said:
I should. It'll be tough though.
Yeah, imagine what I went through with Emperor...
Never heard of 'em. Should I?
I would say yes, based on Haughm's comments on doing the split record.

This might be a worthy read: http://www.metal-observer.com/gb/reviews/rev3275.html

Otherwise, I'll let you know.
Hmm... Nothing I can think of at the moment, is there anything you feel I should hear?
Nothing as much as Woodtemple - not that it's necessarily the best one mind you, but I think it would interest you somewhat. Although I assume you might already own these, if you want any Nokturnal Mortum, Nargaroth, Kristallnacht, or Graveland, just let me know since the whole burning of CD's is such a production for me, I'd rather get it done in one go, heh.

bloodfiredeath said:
Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered Crimson II from The End as well. Along with that...

Blood Red Throne - Monument of Death
Fleshcrawl - Bloodshed
Aborted - Engineering the Dead
Soulreaper - Life Erazer

Got this today. Only noteworthy because this is officially my LAST order with The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.