My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HarmonyDies.... said:

I think the service has gotten worse recently. My past three orders have been fucked up, it's the little things that are adding up and annoying me with them. For instance, on this order, I ordered 5 cds. I receive the confirmation that my order has been fulfilled, and it has all 5 cds listed. Then a few days later, I get an email saying that my order has shipped... but by 'Airborne@home' which they say is comparable to USPS priority. Didn't like that. Then I get my order today. The Fleshcrawl cd isn't there, but I have a slip telling me I have a credit for it. I don't understand why they had it listed in the email as fulfilled. Finally, two of the cases are busted up to hell. It might not all be their fault, but adding it all together, I have become very annoyed with them. Again, this is the third order in a row where I have either not received all of my order, or not received it at all (and subsequently replaced), plus I get little or no response when I tried to email them. There was a time when I'd swear by The End, but now there are plenty of other comparible options out there.

bloodfiredeath said:
There was a time when I'd swear by The End, but now there are plenty of other comparible options out there.

Like who, out of interest?

Re: shipping, I think I've been lucky with The End, but I tell you what is incredibly strange - UPS Priority is utter shit and it costs $3. If I choose the 'free shipping' selection, I almost always get it quicker.

I'm still waiting for my Crimson II by the way...

phyre said:
Red Stream maybe?

I use them all the time. That's where I ordered my Nest and Katatonia today. Free shipping too.

The End has been good to me the three times I've ordered from them.

I can't complain. I made an order recently, and after it was fulfilled, I got a mail from someone saying that they didn't have it in stock and apologized. I'm down with that.

That sucks you're getting bad service from The End. I've had good luck with my 30+ orders with them. Andreas is usually pretty responsive to emails though, takes about a week but he usually gets back to you.

I'm still waiting for Crimson II as well... I have noticed that The End's shipping has slowed down, but it used to be 2 days, and now it's about a week. Always free though.

Vital Remains - Dechristianize (you guys hyped it too much around here, and even though I can't stand Glen Benton I'm taking the plunge)

By the way, The End has the new A Perfect Circle 5 days early, but I'm going to hold off and buy it on the release date at the local music store, in case of any shipping delays. :)

I gotta agree with bloodfiredeath here. I remember when The End was fairly new, and I couldn't believe how fast their shipments got to me. It took 2-3 days max. Also, if you ordered 2 or more CDs, it was automatic priority shipped.

Nowadays, it takes a week, which still isn't bad, but like bloodfiredeath, my cases are usually cracked along with the "teeth". It took a week for Crimson II took get here. lets see how long it takes the new Zyklon.

IMO, Red Stream beats The End in service. My orders get here in the same amount of time, but my cases are never cracked due to better packaging, and Red Stream always responds to my emails within a day.

I'll always order from The End when it comes to newer releaes, but if I can get an older release from Willowtip or Red Stream, even if it's more expensive, I'll do it.

I must also say that two orders from The End never arrived. I never got Dodheimsgard-666 International or Myrkskog's SUperior Massacre. That pissed me off. Red Stream always delivers.

I will never order from Dark Symphonies again. A $20 order never arrived, and after I contacted them, they just said to wait. Fuck them.

As of today, Willowtip undoubtedly has the best service. Tipton tells you when he ships the CD, which is usually same day. Their prices are the cheapest as well. Plus, Willowtip delivers within 2-3 days, like The End used to.

Dreamlord said:
but like bloodfiredeath, my cases are usually cracked along with the "teeth".

Yeah, I didn't mention the case was cracked AND the teeth were broken. Actually, the teeth being broken annoys me way more than the top part of the case. I'm gonna have to check willowtip out...

Johnny Cash - At San Quentin
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

Need to order Goatsblood and Ion Dissonance from Willowtip soon...

the summoning album is sort of. . . not *boring*, but. . . not all that engaging. . . but still kicks ass; it is more of a "peripheral" album, not something to grab you at first. . .

the amorphis cd OWNS. i don't know why some give this adequate reviews. . . i absoultely love it! it may be their best since elegy! and this coming from a longtime amorphis fan. there is noting exceptionally technical here. or melodically beautiful, like my boardname. but the SONGS! these are some of the best songs the band has written. just listen to the lead riffs on 'day of your beliefs' and you will se what i mean. a great song, one of the many the album has to offer.

objectively, this sounds like a cross between elegy's mellower passages (see 'weeper. . .") and am universum's radio-friendly catchiness (see "alone") yet does not come of sounding like either of the two.

the lyrics represent a return to the style found on tuonela. . . more stuff about evil and nature, not about women on their periods :D (this is probably not true, but anyone who bought amorphis' last album will know what song i'm talking about)

overall 9.3/10

i may be the only one to do this, but. . .

leading candidate for album of the year

buy it! you may not feel the same appreciation i do for it, but i definitely do not think you will be disappointed if you were a fan of elegy or tuonela

btw, i bought it at *dum dum dum*. . . THE END!

Black Winter Day said:
can't speak for you, though. . . don't you ever download anything, you bitch? :D
Only those naked pictures of your girlfriend, but that's when I decided I wasn't into that whole bestiality thing after all. Arf arf!

OK I'm gonna make it my mission to hunt this mother down for less than $21 just so I can say "ha ha".

Shit - I gotta send you those CDs too right? OK this week I'll send them off.

I have had nothing but good experience with The End. I ordered Zyklon on Thursday and will probably have it Monday or Tuesday.

I always choose the free option and usually order one cd at a time. Works out better that way.

Hell, one time they actually sent me two separate shipments of the last Bloodbath cd!!

2 for 1, gotta love that!

Status
Not open for further replies.