My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa Josh said:
However, Goatsblood do not know how to construct a song and would rather cling to the scraps of Eyehategod. EHG did it better, end of story.

See, Goatsblood is much harder than EHG. Just because a band plays sludge, doesn't mean they're an EHG rip-off.

Hundreds of bands play melo-death better than Soilwork, but you still sing their praises.

At least I openly admit my pleasures. Who knows what you're hiding.. :tickled:

I hide nothing, openly admitting I listen to country music and SImon & Garfunkel.

And how you and npearce can put this band on such a pedestal is beyond this metalhead, who prefers talent and musicianship to a bunch of fucking morons bashing out two chord noise that 12 year olds are creating in a hot, smelly garage somewhere.

Well, I'm not sure of placing them on a pedestal, but Drull is one of the better albums released this year, way ahead of disappointing album after disappointing album by other bands. It's hardly album of the year material, but it's still damn good.

Solos are a HUGE part of metal and if you aren't down with it, then maybe YOUR credentials should be checked.

Since when does a fan of metal need credentials for anything?

Papa Josh said:
No, he wasn't.

Where did you get this info?
I never said he played on a record, but he was in Pestilence at some point. Perhaps through knowing Scott Burns who produced for both? Maybe it was session work?

*checks google*

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong because it's not on the official Sepultura site, but if you type in the words "Andreas Kisser" and "Pestilence" into the google search engine, there are several results....

You tell me. :tickled:

Dreamlord said:
Papa Josh said:
However, Goatsblood do not know how to construct a song and would rather cling to the scraps of Eyehategod. EHG did it better, end of story.
See, Goatsblood is much harder than EHG. Just because a band plays sludge, doesn't mean they're an EHG rip-off.

Hundreds of bands play melo-death better than Soilwork, but you still sing their praises.
- My music taste is better than yours!
- Is not!
- Is too!
- IS NOT!!!
- *starts throwing sand*
- *beats on head with plastic bucket*

No, my taste is supreme. All bow. Now.

I plan on giving Goatsblood a review, mainly since my opinion of the album is nearly opposite of Josh's, and honestly I think it is a band that deserves a little promotion and a kind word or three. It creeps into my top 20 this year so far, we'll see in a few months if it breaks into top 10. I still like what npearce said about the album: "see if you Royal Carnage ladies can handle this one" :D

Concerning Death since it was brought up, I have Individual Thought Patterns and Symbolic. The former is pretty decent but not brilliant, and the latter is just boring.

My The End shipment finally showed up, Emperor is cool but makes me want to listen to Dissection (there is a lot going on there, I know it will take awhile to absorb it), and the new Ulver is somewhat similar to Quick Fix.

Good tastes, indeed.

Now check out Watchmaker, if you haven't already.

Papa, you may want to steer clear of Watchmaker since it's actually damn good. Stick with Soilwork. :D hahaha ;)

Yep, Watchmaker is good. Well, the first two songs are, that's all I've listened to thusfar. Pretty extreme stuff, and that album title is classic: Kill. Fucking. Everyone. :lol:

It's always good to have someone like NAD on a team. You know, whenever I get a promo and react with "what the fuck is this shit?", it'll go straight to NAD with no questions asked. :tickled:

I didn't even know we'd got the Goatsblood promo - I would never have bought mine. If anyone is interested, after reading NAD's upcoming review, just give me a holler!

Yeah I'm weird. You love it. :)

Conversation once between a bro and myself concerning Dark Side of the Moon:
NAD: "nah man, my favorite Pink Floyd is Animals."
bro: "that's because it's the fucked up one!"

NAD said:
Yeah I'm weird. You love it. :)
You might like Wolfcry - did you read that review.

Hey NAD - did you get the promo package yet? Lemme know. Dying to hear your thoughts on Unmoored. Hope Goatballs hasn't ruined you for coherency, heh.

Goatballs, haha.

I didn't get the Promo Package of Love yet, but I've avoided the mailroom for a few days. Too busy Primusing all weekend, couldn't be arsed to check the mail.

Off to read the Wolfcry review... ugh, that sounds terrible, but I think Chief B and myself could team up and survive against any Wolfcry and Manowar fans with our patented moves. :)

NAD said:
I didn't get the Promo Package of Love yet, but I've avoided the mailroom for a few days.
Actually man, I'm just concerned about the mail these days - more interested in making sure the packages arrive safe and sound. Erik in Sweden seems to be getting packages quicker than you guys, and Amman (in London) still hasn't received the first promo pack - it's been about a month. I knew I shouldn't have sent it via the The End Records three-legged mule. :loco: I don't know what's going on!

US Mail = teh suck. We've probably been flagged by Ashcroft as potential pot distributors, damn the luck.

NAD said:
US Mail = teh suck. We've probably been flagged by Ashcroft as potential pot distributors, damn the luck.
They probably saw my name as the sender, and Amman as the recipient, and went to "Red Alert" status. They're probably inspecting the Century Media promo CDs as potential US information leakage.

Next time I send a package to Amman, I'm going to address it to "John Smith".

Aye, didn't think of that. Use a nice white name and it'll show up within hours. Sad part is, you're probably right. People wonder why I want to move to Canada... :Smug:

Well, put it this way, Amman was named after the capital of Jordan, a once beautiful country - I'm sure it still is...

...anyway, he could have been named Baghdad, heh.

Yeah I think Jordan is number 4 on the US must kill list. He'd be in more trouble with a name like Damascus than Baghdad right now, Iraq's 15 minutes are nearly up.

Eh, they had theirs back in the 50s.

Plus government apathy leads to American apathy, thusfar Korea is a backburner instance.

*just realized this political topic somehow made it to the latest purchases thread*

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEGURA BUNGET - 'N Crugu Bradului[/font]

NAD said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEGURA BUNGET - 'N Crugu Bradului[/font][/QUOTE]

Sweet. Where did you find it? Don't tell me it's coming on the three legged mule! Oh well, better late than never.

By the way, although I think Dark One did a fine review, I would have scored it a point higher than he.

Status
Not open for further replies.