My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Winter Day: Böhöw. You actually took post #1001. pwnd!

Papa Josh said:
I agree with Erik in regards to Infernal, slightly uneven. I just listened to The Spectral Sorrows... and man that album is fucking awesome, but towards the end it falls off a bit.
Yeah. Most EoS albums do. I mean, Purgatory Afterglow gets very very WTF towards the end. "Song of Sirens"? "Feedin' the Charlatan" off SS isn't as bad but still a WTF. "Sacrificed" is a total WTF because it doesn't fit in, but it's not a bad song in all its Sisters of Mercy ripoff glory...

Dan Swanö has lamented this several times. He feels "Unorthodox" is the best EoS album, and the one which has most unity between the songs and shows best was EoS was really about.
Papa Josh said:
Heard one track from Cryptic, I actually liked it.
I've heard "Uncontroll (sic) Me" and another track and I kind of liked Uncontroll... I am being told it's one of the better tracks on the disc though. Still, the disc goes for very cheap on eBay or such so there's not much to lose.

Erik said:
Black Winter Day: Böhöw. You actually took post #1001. pwnd!
yeah, i'm starting to get used to being pwned liek this

Erik said:
"Sacrificed" is a total WTF because it doesn't fit in, but it's not a bad song in all its Sisters of Mercy ripoff glory...
THAT'S the song i was trying to think of that sounded like moonspell! yeah, it is a massive WTF on the album, but i liek it.

Emperor-Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Borknagar-Empiricism
Nile-Black Seeds of Vengeance
Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper
Children of Bodom-Hatecrew Deathroll
In Flames-Whoracle

Ordered these, should be here in awhile.

Instead of Children of Bodom and In Flames, I actually was going for Arcturus and Ulver, but the store I'm getting these from didn't have them. I didn't order them off the internet and explaining how this purchase happened may be complicated. :tickled:

Opeth17 said:
Instead of Children of Bodom and In Flames, I actually was going for Arcturus and Ulver, but the store I'm getting these from didn't have them. I didn't order them off the internet and explaining how this purchase happened may be complicated. :tickled:
eh, ignore me. I should never have commented in the first place since you might really like the CoB and IF albums, and if you do, then all the better still. Don't give up chasing that Arcturus and Ulver though.

JayKeeley said:
eh, ignore me. I should never have commented in the first place since you might really like the CoB and IF albums, and if you do, then all the better still. Don't give up chasing that Arcturus and Ulver though.

Actually, I did have to resort to getting those albums because this store didn't have many of the others I wanted. I was suprised to even find that they had Emperor, Borknagar and Nile. I like In Flames and haven't actually heard much of Children of Bodom, but higher on my list are bands like Arcturus, Ulver, Bathory, Mayhem, Vehemence, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Vintersorg, Immortal, Dissection and Moonspell. To get those cds I was just trading in some used ones, so I guess its not too much of a loss if I end up not liking Children of Bodom. It would have been nice though if I was able to get some cds by those other bands I named, all bands I've been wanting to hear more about.

Dreamlord said:
Do you still have your receipt? It might not be too late to return that In Flames.

:tickled: Nah. I'm actually having a relative do this for me, which was what made it so odd to begin with, but I think I'll keep that In Flames, I actually like The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance, Clayman and Colony. :loco:

Latest haul:

Negura Magazine - Issue 3
Skyforger - Thunderforge
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dissection - The Somberlain
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Anathema - Serenades

@NAD - I don't know whether you have any latter day Immortal, but good lord, the Dissection track "Where dead angels lie" sounds very similar to that Abbath-riffing style. I don't know whether ALL Dissection sounds like that one track, but if you like it then check out At the Heart of Winter of Sons of the Northern Darkness by Immortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.