My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the original for the real game boy is true (ff adventure).

Ordered:
Torgeist - Devoted to Satan LP
Torgeist - Time of Sabbath LP (I thought I had so little french BM so I needed some more)
and Inferni - Slow Decay MC

Erik said:
This rules, but Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) is still the best in the series IMO.
Even with the positively frustrating Whore and Midget, that game kicked serious ass. I'm still a bit bitter the US didn't get part 3 of the series.

Aren't we all? But! There is a (good) fan translation of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2.) People have actually sat down and hacked the ROM to 100% English translation. Great work, and a great game, I'm playing it now for the second time, multiplayer with Lutz. It's not quite as good as SoM though in my opinion, but certainly a lot bigger and with more characters, items, spells etc...

som2.gif
cityjad.gif

a-status.gif
sultan3.gif

This is probably very offtopic to this thread by now :D
Anyway, get the translation here: http://www.neillcorlett.com/sd3/
You need a SNES emulator (ZSNES preferably) and the ROM dump as well. It's really worth the effort.

Cool, thanks Erik. I'm probably about due to get into ROMs, finally. :D

Uhhh... I bought a BLT and some chicken skewers yesterday...

Cephalic Carnage vs. Anal Blast - Perversion...and the Guilt After/Version 5.Obese
Deadwater Drowning - Deadwater Drowning
Found Dead Hanging - Dulling Occams Razor

yeah, I know. I got the split because it had 21 CC tracks exclusive to this split. Anal Blast's music isn't too bad, but on some songs, they live up to their name.

EC.SON.DNE710.JPG

This will be my 3rd portable CD thingy, hopefully it won't get stolen like the others. Buncha savages in this town...

(Technically it is my 4th, since I had to take the first one back awhile ago, damn STOP button wouldn't work. :Smug: )

Yeah, but who has purchased the most amount of CDs? 'Gugs usually bought about 40 at a time! :lol:

bloodfiredeath said:
Alien Quadrilogy

oh nice one, i've got the one that was released some years ago with all four films and a bonus disc. what's new in that box you've got? and is it worth buying? 70 $, or whatever it costs, is perhaps a bit steep for some bonus materal... or? :D

oh, and my latest records purchase was immortal - sons of northern darkness PIC-LP

spaffe said:
oh nice one, i've got the one that was released some years ago with all four films and a bonus disc. what's new in that box you've got? and is it worth buying? 70 $, or whatever it costs, is perhaps a bit steep for some bonus materal... or? :D
It's actually quite different than the one I believe you have. It's 9 discs total. There are two discs for each movie and a bonus disc full of other junk. Here's the rundown:

Alien - The original theatrical cut, and the new extended director's cut that was just in theatres here a few months ago. I have yet to watch this extended version. I have my misgivings about whether it was necessary, but I'm definitely curious, as I am a big fan of the first movie. Plus there's a ton of bonus material.

Aliens - The original theatrical cut, and the extended edition. I remember years ago when the only way you could get the extended edition was on a special edition laser disc, now the theatrical cut is the one that's hard to find. It doesn't really matter though, the extended edition is far superior. Though completely different from the first movie, I still love it. Again, tons of bonus stuff.

Alien3 - This may sound strange, but this is one of the main reasons I bought this set. Ever since Alien3 came out, there have been rumors about how it was hacked up and that much longer better version that Fincher made was floating around. According to the liner notes, those rumors were exaggerated some, but there is still two versions here, the original and a brand new version (first time available) that's over a half hour longer. I watched it right away and I can say that I definitely enjoy it more.

Alien Resurrection - The director Jeunet says that he's happy with the theatrical cut, but for this edition, a second version with added scenes including a supposedly different ending (I have yet to watch it) is included. I think this movie is visually amazing and I can't wait to watch the extras on it.

Bottom line: I am a big fan of the Alien movies, and I think 70 bucks was well worth it considering the tons of shit you get in this box (8 movies, extras up the ass).

I don't think I buy more CD's than anyone else...? I definitely know Gugs bought the most and fell into some serious debt because of it.

I remember one of his posts (can't remember if it was this forum though) where he listed a bunch of blind purchases - about 20 CDs bought on the fly out of boredom. The list went something like this:

Forest - s/t (I mean, how bad can a band called Forest really be?)
blah-can't remember the rest
blah x 20

Me go cut up credit card now. :loco:

I don't think there was much logic behind some of his hauls. :lol:

I have a handful of unopened CDs, but they are usually either gifts or completist albums that I have no rush to get to. If I buy a CD at a store I don't get out of the parking lot without listening to it, if I order it online I'll get to with a few days of it arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.