My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber..

Jim Carey: What are the chances of me dinging you tonight?
Bird at the bar: I'd say one in a hundred million.
Jim Carey: So you're saying I've got a chance then?

:lol:

finally got vital remains - "dechristianize" and here are a few things i've noticed after the first listen:

*the lead playing kicks ass. seriously.

*the snare sound is a bit weak

*glen benton needs to shut up every now and then

*the carl orff intro is amazing. "o fortuna" always gets me pumped up, no matter the occasion. great choice to begin the album.

*it's best when played LOUD.

*i want to make gay babies to it... or something like that...

Black Winter Day said:
*the lead playing kicks ass. seriously.
Yeah, seriously one of the highlights of the album.

*the snare sound is a bit weak
That's what I meant by "hollow".

*glen benton needs to shut up every now and then
Title track at 2:20 mark. Best riff on the album, and Benton needs to shut it.

*the carl orff intro is amazing. "o fortuna" always gets me pumped up, no matter the occasion. great choice to begin the album.
*Remembers Tribute to Randy Rhoads* Ozzy! Ozzy!

*it's best when played LOUD.
Heavy Metal!

*i want to make gay babies to it... or something like that...
er, make gay babies on it? at it? in it? WITH IT!

Yes, with it, in the gay way. Not on it, near it, toward it, no. With.

The snare kinda sucks but I've heard worse, and sometimes the tone fits, particularly in Infidel for some reason.

The leads need not be spoken of. It is an established fact that they rule, and that cannot be argued against.

King Diamond - The Puppet Master w/ DVD thingy

This is my first King Diamond purchase, including anything by Mercyful Fate (I know, I'm teh gay). The interview and review completely sold me.

NAD said:
King Diamond - The Puppet Master w/ DVD thingy

This is my first King Diamond purchase, including anything by Mercyful Fate (I know, I'm teh gay). The interview and review completely sold me.
Perfect. Just perfect. I guarantee that you'll like it. Honestly - or I'll buy you any other CD of your choice (as long as it's less than $1.99 at Wal Mart).

*in Aussie accent* Good on ya, mate!

BAN WAL-MART!!! :lol:

I'm familiar with a small handful of KD and Mercyful Fate songs to know that I'll like it, I just never purchased any before.

In all honesty, Puppet Master is a really good place to start. You can tell from the interview that even he himself is really proud of this one, as he should be.

If you find that you like Puppet Master, you should try out some MF. Perhaps something like Don't Break the Oath?

EDIT: By the way, I've never seen the DVD that comes with PM. And with what's been said about it, I don't think I will... :ill: So listen to the music before watching the DVD, heh !!

Well, I think the RC staff need to start a CD-R exchange club or something, with the sole intention of sharing music in return for a review. And as per norm, if we like it, we go out and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.