My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI
Used CD shop raid:

Therion "Beyond Sanctorum" CD
Godflesh "Streetcleaner" CD
Dan Swanö "Moontower" CD

...and here are the ones that will make you fucking green with jealousy...

Katatonia "Jhva Elohim Meth" CD ($4. With rebate, $0. This goes for $60+ on eBay. HAHAHA)
Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" CD (Original jewelcase edition. This is also fucking expensive. About $6.)
Isengard "Vinterskugge" CD (Also the original jewelcase. Pretty rare & expensive but not like the two above)

This also means that my re-releases of Isengard and Burzum are probably available for sale or trade.

4 Hydrahead Releases
Old Man Gloom - Meditations in B
Botch - We Are the Romans
Keelhaul - Subject to Change Without Notice
Pelican - Australasia

And 1 Southern Lord Promo worth mentioning

Probot
(This is a Dave Grohl metal project. It has guest vocals from Lee Dorian, King Diamond, Cronos, and many more.)

npearce said:
4 Hydrahead Releases
Old Man Gloom - Meditations in B
Botch - We Are the Romans
Keelhaul - Subject to Change Without Notice
I've got these. That Botch rules. I haven't gotten into that Keelhaul quite yet.

I shall look into it. SOmeone told me it sounds like Karma to Burn, which I've never heard, so I guess I'll go with your description.

summoning - nightshade forests
burzum - filosofem (some form of "norweigan version" in a digi pack hehe)
the chasm - death cult for eternity (utter crap this one was, anyone wanna trade it for something? :))

Anyone know if the "import edition" of Vader's "Blood" on The End comes with "Reign Forever World" as well? I read the review and it sounds good, but I'm not sure about it as it says its a "7-track EP" instead of 16 or whatever.

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind (fucking killer!)
Stormtroopers Of Death - Speak English Or Die (fucking cool!)
Stormtroopers Of DEath - LIve At Budokan (ain't listened to yet :eek:)

Anacrusis - Manic Impressions
Anacrusis - Screams and Whispers
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Tenhi - Väre

Opeth17 said:
Anyone know if the "import edition" of Vader's "Blood" on The End comes with "Reign Forever World" as well? I read the review and it sounds good, but I'm not sure about it as it says its a "7-track EP" instead of 16 or whatever.
Good question. I don't know because the cover looks different. The split EP has both album covers split down the middle, and the one at The End just looks like Blood alone.

Try posting this same question on the The End forum, or just send them an e-mail. They respond pretty quickly.

Yay! My obscure 2003 CD order came in just in time for Christmas. Any of you into a kind of avant-garde grind (not many of you, but still) should check it out:

Scald - Headworm

For an independent release, it is surprisingly very professionally done. In fact, it is much better looking than most label releases. It comes in a beautifully haunting slipcase. The actual CD cover is odd to say the least, kinda reminds me of Han Solo in that frozen block thing at the end of Empire Strikes Back. All lyrics are in the booklet, and the CD lasts for OVER an hour. You can definitely tell the band put in a lot of work, time, and their own money into Headowrm. Now that's INTEGRITY! :lol: NAD, BWD, and npearce would probably enjoy this.

The only way to get it is to order straight from the band. THey are from Ireland, but the entire transaction for me took about 3 weeks, which isn't bad since I had to mail $15 overseas. And since I asked, Pete Dempsey (vocalist) included a CD-R of two of the band's demos.

It's surprising that this band isn't signed. THey would fit well with a lot of labels. I guess it goes to show that the most challenging bands aren't the ones that labels want. Maybe RC could do an Unsigned Heroes Feature on Scald. Just an idea. If interested: www.scald.me.uk

outerwrapfront-bit.jpg

Anyhoo, back to listening 'cause it will take a while to get my head around this album.

Status
Not open for further replies.