My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil

Only fair since I find myself listening to the CD-R on a near daily basis. Don't know about a 10/10, but it is hovering between 8 and 9 / 10.

my latest purchase:

pred.JPG

i am such a nerd and i know it :D

Whoa! That rules! There was a time when every time I walked into a Kmart or Target I'd pick up a Spawn action figure. I never read the comic, it's just those McFarlane toys kicked so much ass. :D

Machine Head - Through The Ashes of Empires (ltd. edition)

Cheated by ordering through Amazon.co.uk, but probably only saved $7 after shipping. Oh well. Now I'm sure it'll come out in the US for $9 too. :Smug:

CURSE OF THE GOLDEN VAMPIRE - Mass Destruction **
EVOKEN - Quietus
KHANATE - Things Viral **
LACRIMOSA - Fassade
MORBID ANGEL - Covenant
PAIN OF SALVATION - Entropia
PRIMORDIAL - Storm Before the Calm
SOLEFALD - Neonism
TENHI - Hallavedet
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Of Empires Forlorn

**npearce is beaming

Black Winter Day said:
CURSE OF THE GOLDEN VAMPIRE - Mass Destruction **
EVOKEN - Quietus
KHANATE - Things Viral **
LACRIMOSA - Fassade
MORBID ANGEL - Covenant
PAIN OF SALVATION - Entropia
PRIMORDIAL - Storm Before the Calm
SOLEFALD - Neonism
TENHI - Hallavedet
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Of Empires Forlorn

**npearce is beaming
Yipee!!!

NAD said:
Machine Head - Through The Ashes of Empires (ltd. edition)

Cheated by ordering through Amazon.co.uk, but probably only saved $7 after shipping. Oh well. Now I'm sure it'll come out in the US for $9 too. :Smug:
How much did you end up paying? What do you think of it? I haven't seen a US release date yet.

Around $26 shipped, which isn't too bad compared to $33 - $40 before shipping from anywhere else. I just ordered it so I haven't heard it yet, I'll keep you posted when it arrives. I found ZERO information on a US release, it doens't even look like it's even planned to come over here so I bought it. I hate fucking global politics when it comes to music, fucking Roadrunner... :mad:

I really bought into the hype on that one, all the reviews calling it their return to roots and best since Burn My Eyes... let's just hope it doesn't pull a St. Anger on me... :erk:

dude, you actually bought into the hype? And $26 worth? Wasn't SuperCharger suppose to be "return to roots"? I really hope it's the real deal, 'cause I like Burn My Eyes, and I'm not even a thrash fan.

The cheapest I saw the CD was for around $20 from The End but it's been out of stock for awhile, just like everyone else. Amazon.co.uk had the only stock from multiple outlets I checked. Other than eBay of course, but was going for near $40 there.

Supercharger was better than the Burning Red, the first 4 songs were good, the rest sorta sucked though.

Oh yeah technically I paid £14.99, but that works out to around $26. :D

See, I didn't think The Burning Red was all that bad, and it certainly wasn't the embrace of nu-metal everyone made it out to be. That being said, it wasn't exactly a great album either. But it did have its moments in "The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears", "Exhale the Vile" and "Five", but crap like the cover of Sting's "Message in a Bottle", the rappish "From This Day", and Korn-y "I Defy" ruined the album completely.

Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

:Spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.