My latest work(guest vox by Dallas of Maylene and the Sons of Disaster)

brianhood

No Care Ever
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Before the was Rosalyn/mix 1/Song 2.mp3

put about 38 hours of tracking in 2.5 days and then another 18 hours in editing/mixing.
Please tell me your opinion.

Drums are slate(my usual kick 10z1, snare 11Az1, and new maple toms 2z1 and 4z1).

guitars are all podfarm(posted the patch below). This is the first heavy record that i didnt use the Diamondplate amp. This was done with Big bottom (with lots of EQ) and treadplate cab.

bass is ampex SVX with EQ and limiter.

all reverb is D-verb. Delay is mostly waves supertap 6, and a part is Digidesign medium delay II

Vox are AT3035 through 003 rack pre then into digidesign expandaer/gate, Waves C1 compression, De Esser, EQ

Pitch correction is all melodyne studio.

here is the guitar patch

Pod farm- http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Random/Brian%20Big%20Bottom.l6t

Gearbox-http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Random/Gearbox%20brian%20hood%20Big%20Bottom.l6t

Hi brian..it's another amazing mix..really..always better ;) please,can you explain the chain and eq with settings of guitars and master please??it's to common mortals like me ahah thank you very much dude..

really amazing Brian.i always love your work.and good evolution.;)
could you give more info about bass? preset and settings?

thanks brian,

hey man,

so you using melodyne as a plugin or a standalone? cant say im overly keen on the keen on the singing, screams sounding cool though quite raspy. likied the haunting delay reverb in the speaking section

as usual great work man

is this quad or doubled by the way?

oh and before people start saying reamp reamp reamp....guitars are sounding good :headbang:

the balance between the vocals is not ideal, also
the clean vocals are very penetrating IMHO.
same thing on guitars.

the song itself is very nice, like it alot!

cheers
S.

The drums sound kinda muffled and middy. I rarely like Slate drums in a mix, they seem too fat in the mids and lack the click in the highs. In this song this is especially the case.

The rest is good.

Brìian please..can you explain the guitar process?and the eq that you apply to this guitar patch for that sound please..i like it very much..

I do very little really. Most of the eq is already done in the patch(try disabling it and see how terrible it sounds haha). As far as post processing, it's just c4, a low pass as 12k, and waves shuffler

brian, do you only use those settings in your guitars??
pod farm -> eq -> c4 -> 12k low pass -> waves shuffler?

could you share more info about eq out of pod?
and...one question (i wanted to open a thread but i am going to ask you here):
how do you use shuffler in guitar tracks?? same settings for all guitars? and, screenshoot?
thanks a lot brian,

brian, do you only use those settings in your guitars??
pod farm -> eq -> c4 -> 12k low pass -> waves shuffler?

could you share more info about eq out of pod?
and...one question (i wanted to open a thread but i am going to ask you here):
how do you use shuffler in guitar tracks?? same settings for all guitars? and, screenshoot?
thanks a lot brian,

he uses shuffler probably on group...the idea is spread guitars more, this is what joey done on oceano stuff, he used "subtle spread blablabla" preset on s1

thanks zvish,
i open s1 shuffler and similar preset is "subtle improved imaging". is that??
1z66r1y.jpg

and...width in 1 only?

thanks again