My latest work ... nearly natural drums :D

Reminds me of some Death Before Dishonor (they rule).

Quite good, i like the drums sound and the style, but IMO:

-guitars sound too modern/scooped/gainy (more that DBD's which i find already too gainy/modern/scooped/POD-like), and i hear some "out of tune-ness" (i don't know who's to blame ? guits? bass ?) in the track also. Maybe it's just the playing i don't know...
-drums performance is a bit sloppy
-i like the singing (very Death Before Dishonor like) but the processing on his voice is a bit too obvious (= too much).

I really like picollo snares, at least in this kind of music, but I think it doesn't fit this mix perfectly, you could try using another sound for the snare, it might do better if it were tuned a little higher, I also believe it could improve with heavier compression

-guitars sound too modern/scooped/gainy (more that DBD's which i find already too gainy/modern/scooped/POD-like), and i hear some "out of tune-ness" (i don't know who's to blame ? guits? bass ?) in the track also. Maybe it's just the playing i don't know...
-drums performance is a bit sloppy
-i like the singing (very Death Before Dishonor like) but the processing on his voice is a bit too obvious (= too much).

I think I turn down the gain a wee bit :D
At the moment it's just Revalver, I hope I find someone to reamp this.

About the drums beeing sloppy: That idiots recorded without a click - and the drummer is not the tightest I've ever seen :D
Well, they wanted it that way ... they get it :D

did you use revalver btw?

just because mine does that annoying "thinking" noise aswell.. at the start, lol

Yeah ... I haven't applied Automation on this raw mix, yet ... :heh:

I really like picollo snares, at least in this kind of music, but I think it doesn't fit this mix perfectly, you could try using another sound for the snare, it might do better if it were tuned a little higher, I also believe it could improve with heavier compression

I thought, there is a fucking lot of compression on the snare already, but I'll try to add a bit more, thanks for pointing that out.

Ah Dudes, I just realised, that I fucked up exporting the MP3 ... dunno what went wrong.
The song was far too slow and thus the weirdnesses you all described.

Vocals sound far less processed and the slight "out-of-tune'ness" isnt quite obvious.

Link updated!!!

Cool, the singer reminded me slightly of Mastodon :D

Uhmmm, but I hate the "ss" sounds that comes from processing his voice. Maybe you should tone down the high-end freqs a little bit? The voice is extremely shiny... almost hurt me (aaaaw).

I for one like when the performance is a bit sloppy in this genre, mostly because everything these days are fucking quantized and shit. So in this song, not even playing to a metronome is ace! haha, good and dirty.

The snare could have a liiiiiiiiittle bit more "fizz" from the actually snares but that's gonna be hard to bring up unless you miced from below or blend in samples.

great mix, i think it fits the style, reminds me also a bit on some "the exploited" tunes..except the end part of the song, somehow that reminds me on "gegen den strom" by such a surge ;)
i only think that the voices could by a tiny bit louder on some places

cheers
exoslime

Ah Dudes, I just realised, that I fucked up exporting the MP3 ... dunno what went wrong.
The song was far too slow and thus the weirdnesses you all described.

Vocals sound far less processed and the slight "out-of-tune'ness" isnt quite obvious.

Link updated!!!

Sounds better already !

The snare sounds very fine to me now... i really like it actually.

The remaining flaws IMO are :

-guitars : too gainy/sterile/compressed

-hi hat or something : sounds a bit weird... too bad cuz' the rest of the drums is great (except the little sloppiness of the performance, nothing too shocking though)