my latest work (with more bass)

WOW! This sounds totaly powerful and loud. I dig it, man! Very professional sounding production.

Greetings,

Felix Neumann

lol he is professional

one thing that I would add though is this mix definitely is lacking something that some of your other mixes have attack attack and oceano come to mind. his mix doesn't sound bad at all,believe me its sounds great but its missing some girth for lack of a better term. I also don't really think its that the bass is to low in the mix like some of you said I can hear it quiet well.

drums are great though btw! Thats quiet a unique method and it seems like it would be easier to just record the drums and edit then it would to make all those samples.

lol he is professional

one thing that I would add though is this mix definitely is lacking something that some of your other mixes have attack attack and oceano come to mind. his mix doesn't sound bad at all,believe me its sounds great but its missing some girth for lack of a better term. I also don't really think its that the bass is to low in the mix like some of you said I can hear it quiet well.

drums are great though btw! Thats quiet a unique method and it seems like it would be easier to just record the drums and edit then it would to make all those samples.

it wouldnt have been easier, it would have sounded very less stellar....

you have no idea the amount of cymbal work that would have been lost

and ftw, im starting over on this mix

Everyone will have a different perspective on how the mix should be. I though it sounds great, everything real clear. For me I hate mixes where everything seems to be one chunk of sound, i like a little separation.

Hey Joey you said you used Slate 10z1....Also love that kick . it has great punch to it....You mentioned in another thread that you make 2 or 3 eq cuts....where do you find yourself cutting?

i usually cut some of the 200hz out of the 10z1...so you dont use any room on the kick?

this is awesome, i love the music, the vocals are spot on.

as for what most people have been saying, i think it is just largely down to production taste. if i was doing this, i'd of made the guitar sound a bit more scooped, a slightly clickier kick.. some other things.

i think this (and every other) mix is a reflection of the artist's whole production, mixing, and mastering shebang. everyone has a unique sound, and aside from minor taste things, there isn't a single thing wrong with it! once more;

this is awesome.
i love it! i can't believe you're starting over! but then again, that's up to you..! aha.

thanks,

Hey Joey you said you used Slate 10z1....Also love that kick . it has great punch to it....You mentioned in another thread that you make 2 or 3 eq cuts....where do you find yourself cutting?

i usually cut some of the 200hz out of the 10z1...so you dont use any room on the kick?

no room on the kick, definately not in metal, horrible idea

im using z1 because it has some overhead sound attached to it, and in this recording, there's no original kick coming through the overheads (because cymbals are seperated), so i used the z1 to add it back in, but definately no room here

in this mix i cut deep at 150 hz, low shelf -1.5 db at 100 hz, steep high pass filter at 50 hz, and a -6db q1.0 at 600 hz

this is awesome, i love the music, the vocals are spot on.

as for what most people have been saying, i think it is just largely down to production taste. if i was doing this, i'd of made the guitar sound a bit more scooped, a slightly clickier kick.. some other things.

i think this (and every other) mix is a reflection of the artist's whole production, mixing, and mastering shebang. everyone has a unique sound, and aside from minor taste things, there isn't a single thing wrong with it! once more;

this is awesome.
i love it! i can't believe you're starting over! but then again, that's up to you..! aha.

thanks,

i start over about 3 times every cd, its just natural for me.

it only takes me an hour to make an actual mix. everything is tracked pretty true to how it will end up sounding, so its not like im doing a lot of work, im just finding the right combination of settings within my normal plugins to balance everything.

basically, its more like mastering with a little more control over individual tracks, if that makes any sense.

i basically made my own DFHS for this record. we tracked all real drums but considering the technicality of the hand and foot work, we had to do it all with samples.

so i recorded his cymbals being played in every possible way and made a buntch of drumagogs of it all

then went through every song, by hand, and put in what he played

the drum sounds are slate samples

and i am the pod king

any chance of sharing all those samples of the cymbals?