my Line 6 POD...

scarr3d

Real Life Death
Aug 5, 2001
portland, OR
www.speakeasy.net
is now on eBay! ;)

if you're interested click here . if you've seen me here in the forum then you'll know i have nothing but good things to say about this unit.

if this is a bad place for this kind of post, just flame me...

jared

Well, I've never heard it with a tube amp... the effects just sound too forced, and I didn't particularly care for the distortion either. One of my guitarists has one... The pedal buttons tend to go bad on them too...

scarr3d, it doesn't really matter what I like, if it works for you, that's great.

Of course, I have opinions about everything, but what is good for the goose... as the saying goes.

I'm saving up for a TC Electronics G-Major, cause I don't need outboard distortion (my preamp does that superbly). Best bang for the buck under $2000 (compared it to an Evantide 3000, and for a $450-$600, it smokes it).

yeah, i want that G-Major as well. thing is, i'm not happy with the distortion on my head. (JCM 800) so, until i can afford a new head, i'll have to go with something that can provide good distortion. do you happen to know which marshall's have the highest gain? JCM 2000 series?

For gain in the marshall, put a booster pedal in front of the preamp, sort of like a boss DS-1 , should make it a bit better :)

Don't get a JCM900 or later. They aren't too good. But an 800 with boosted input signal should do nicely :)

i've tried everything in that dept. can't get the sound i want. i'm trying to get the purest marshall tone, just more gain. dig?

anyone here have any experience with a JCM2000 or rack mount marshall stuff?

the JCM 2000s are ok for what they are. they get pretty loud and the tone works great. i think they sound alright live, esp for heavy chording and such. they get muddy if you do a lot of bouncy picking and stuff thoug with string skipping or whatever. they dont work for what serberus does....

i think they sound pooey i the studio though.

and damn, you got 255 for that. fuckin crazy. you can ge the for 250 new from musicians friend. fuck man, you ripped that dude off. good job.

255, but he had the footswitch with it too.

The JCM 2000's suck IMO.

If you have an 800, an overdrive or DS-1 would be good to ram the preamp... much better sound....

*i* didn't rip off anyone, they did the bidding. :) and they got free midi cables, hehe.

it's very strange...the DS-1 doesn't hardly do anything. the metal zone works tho, after a lot of tweaking.

anyone familiar with the rack mount marshall gear? like a JMP-1?

Originally posted by scarr3d
*i* didn't rip off anyone, they did the bidding. :) and they got free midi cables, hehe.

it's very strange...the DS-1 doesn't hardly do anything. the metal zone works tho, after a lot of tweaking.

anyone familiar with the rack mount marshall gear? like a JMP-1?

i was joking, given ya shit. its their fault for paying that much. good for you for getting it out of em. heeh.

my old guitarist used a marshall power amp. it worked pretty well, forget the model though. 90/90 sound right? i dunno.