My new favorite amp? Earforce

here's the first draft:

LLraw.jpg

this is not the final version, the "LL" in the middle will be a tiny bit different, the earforce logo will be bottom left above the power switch etc.
but you get the idea

was wondering the same thing, a lot of effects really have a hard time with parralel loops

why would anyone want a serial loop?
if I need an EQ in the loop the amp is shite to begin with.
I don't need a noisegate in the loop either, NG in front of the amp takes care of the feedback nicely (even better than in the loop), and that minimum of preamp noise isn't audible live and will be cut in the studio anyways.

the only really useful thing to put in the loop live is a delay etc for solos...which are better placed in a parallel loop.

Question:

How loud is this thing compared to a 5150?

Say for example, what would this amp have to be at to match the volume of a 5150 with post gain at 2?

I have both preamp and master volume at noon (pre a bit lower than that) for rehearsal.
I have the 6505 at about 3.2 for the same volume, but due to its design the 6505 has the master volume on MAX.
With master maxed on the EF I'd only go to about 2-3 on the pre as well, so I'd say they're roughly the same volume, at least not a major difference

Might as well call the channels Axis and Allies

haha, I would have loved that ;)

no news about the retail yet though

Hey Lasse, blue racing stripes would be THE shit!!!

Someday I wanna own a white amp with blue racing stripes, imo the sexiest thing that could happen to an amp...

I have the 6505 at about 3.2 for the same volume, but due to its design the 6505 has the master volume on MAX.

why, may i ask?!....to get power tube saturation?
Do u use it always with the post gain maxed out?
i though they sounded optimal at about 3 to 4 post gain.

why, may i ask?!....to get power tube saturation?
Do u use it always with the post gain maxed out?
i though they sounded optimal at about 3 to 4 post gain.

what's labeled "post gain" on the 6505/5150 is actually a channel volume, the 6505 doesn't have a classic master volume = master always cranked (just like the 2h rectos)