My New Snare Drum! - Mapex Black Panther

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
P230410_16430002.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday. It's a Mapex Black Panther Deep Forest Walnut.

My girlfriend has been passing it on her way back from college for weeks and after they put a price up on it I went to check it out, played it for 2 minutes and walked right out with it. Sounds fat as hell so it's a nice contrast to my Tama which is very snappy.

Got it for £225, the cheapest I can find this anywhere else is £440, so I'm very happy! :D

Samples will be coming soon.

Our old drummer had one of those, but put one of those remo plastic rings on it to dampen it out for some reason.... never fully understood that, I thought it was nice without it, just sounded dead as fuck otherwise, although it wasnt the walnut one, I think it was metal with some crazy design....

Great snare man, congrats!

Myself, instead of buying a new snare, I'm planning to buy a whole kit but keep using Supraphonic for my snare... I love that little drum. Too bad I can't afford a new kit right now.

Yeah I'm totally wanting to pick up a whole kit at some point too. No space for them the now though and I still have a whole list of shit that's gotta be bought first. One day though.

Nice snare man, congrats. Clips? :p

Clips and samples will be coming at some point, I'm currently planning to borrow every decent snare I can possibly get my hands on and get into a studio with a really nice drum room to record some samples.

Brought it to practice today so I could give my drummer a wee batter about on it, sounding sweeeeeeeet, got a very nice pop to it.

Can't wait to hear it! I'm feeling a great lack of good snare samples in my collection at the moment. I had to make my own recently in my dining room/ kitchen for lakc of a good drum room lol.

HSK Music in Kirkcaldy. I just got a Tama Metalworks there for christmas that I'm also loving. And there's a Maple Tama snare there at the moment too which is great too, snappy as hell.

I wish I could buy them all, lol.