My oddball band pick.

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
I would love to see the band Trouble play PP. I know they aren't either genre..not even close, but I think they are a great band and they are back together after about a decade. Does anybody else like them?

Hell yes! The Kings of Doom Metal...

Can't wait for new stuff from them...

How about "Raven". I saw them once with Slayer and Wasp. What a show! Actually left before Wasp though.

Speeking of oddballs, does anyone remember "T-Ride" ? That was a cool little band. They toured with Dream Theater and Fates Warning back in the day.

SavaRon said:
I would love to see the band Trouble play PP. I know they aren't either genre..not even close, but I think they are a great band and they are back together after about a decade. Does anybody else like them?
I saw them about a year ago outide of Chicago with Novembers Doom, and Ion Vein in support. Unfortunately not too many showed up. I bet there was less than 100 in attendance.

DarkTide said:
I saw them about a year ago outide of Chicago with Novembers Doom, and Ion Vein in support. Unfortunately not too many showed up. I bet there was less than 100 in attendance.

Wow. That really sucks. How did they sound? I am originally from the south side of Chicago and I never seen them. :( I regret it now.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE DEATH ANGEL AT PROG POWER, THEY WOULD TAKE THE ROOF DOWN!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump:

I love T-Ride! What ever happened to them? One album and they were out. Their sound was so unique that it would have been a battle to maintain a longterm career with it, but it was a shame that they went away so quickly. Did you know that originality-challenged rockers Snake River Conspiracy performed a pretty good cover of "You and Your Friend?"

They probably fall too far outside the ProgPower spectrum, but to me, Virgin Black would be a great oddball pick.

LOCALX said:
WOULD LOVE TO SEE DEATH ANGEL AT PROG POWER, THEY WOULD TAKE THE ROOF DOWN!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump:

I think these guys would tear it up also. Their new CD is really awesome, I can't believe all the thrash bands that released good CDs this year. I grew up listening to mostly thrash so it's good to hear bands like Death Angel, Exodus, Megadeth, Metal Church releasing good material again! :D

SavaRon said:
I think these guys would tear it up also. Their new CD is really awesome, I can't believe all the thrash bands that released good CDs this year. I grew up listening to mostly thrash so it's good to hear bands like Death Angel, Exodus, Megadeth, Metal Church releasing good material again! :D
Preach on.. can't wait for the new Testament (heheh I always liked saying that.. new testament, lol) either. The last Anthrax album We've Come For You All is really good as well. Overkill never disappoints and neithre does Motorhead.

SavaRon said:
Wow. That really sucks. How did they sound? I am originally from the south side of Chicago and I never seen them. :( I regret it now.
They sounded great. I don't know much of their material, but I found them pretty entertaining. The small amount of people that were there seemed to enjoy themselves quite a bit. It's unfortunate that quality bands such as these can't draw more people. It was a Friday night show, and I would have expected a lot more people to attend.

Creeps said:
Preach on.. can't wait for the new Testament (heheh I always liked saying that.. new testament, lol) either. The last Anthrax album We've Come For You All is really good as well. Overkill never disappoints and neithre does Motorhead.

Yeah, I really liked "We've Come For You All" too. I am also looking forward to the new Testament...hahaha. I hope Chuck is doing alright because it sure is taking them a long time to get this out. I haven't pick up Killbox 13 yet but I will eventually. We should also get new Slayer this year, with Lombardo back on drums :headbang:. Now if only Metallica would get it together and put out something decent.

DarkTide said:
They sounded great. I don't know much of their material, but I found them pretty entertaining. The small amount of people that were there seemed to enjoy themselves quite a bit. It's unfortunate that quality bands such as these can't draw more people. It was a Friday night show, and I would have expected a lot more people to attend.

Man, less than 100 people on a Friday. That sucks, must have had some pretty bad promotion for the show. These guys were pretty big in the late 80's early 90's and even got some radio play with songs like "The Misery Shows" "End of my Daze" and "Psychotic Reation". Oh well, hopefully they will tour and make it to Florida.

Ruthven said:
I love T-Ride! What ever happened to them? One album and they were out. Their sound was so unique that it would have been a battle to maintain a longterm career with it, but it was a shame that they went away so quickly. Did you know that originality-challenged rockers Snake River Conspiracy performed a pretty good cover of "You and Your Friend?"

They probably fall too far outside the ProgPower spectrum, but to me, Virgin Black would be a great oddball pick.

I had heard that cover. It was pretty good. You can see a couple of T-ride videos here : http://launch.yahoo.com/ar-266501---TRide

I have there one and only cd and it remains to be one of my favorites. You can actually here one of there songs in the "Captain Ron" movie.