My Palmer PGA-04 arrived! (shitty single-guitar clip inside)

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
I haven't had any time to do any real recording or anything tonight, but I didn't want to just fire it up without recording SOMETHING to listen back to.

So here's a shitty 1-track playthrough of the intro to My Acid Words. Played... really really badly :lol:

LTD M-307 > 5150 (no boost) > Palmer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/myacidpalmer.wav

That's just the raw take, no EQ or anything, totally bare.

It's a badass little unit and I haven't even BEGUN to tap it, let alone use with impulses or anything.(which I'm gonna try next when I get more time).

Anyway, a 'real' clip coming soon with a full mix, hopefully tomorrow!

Many people rave about that thing , specially for live sound. The clip sounds good man ,with the proper eq i think you can dial on some cool tones, you need a boost pedal there for sure :p. Those units are stiil on the expensive side, did you buy a used one?

Many people rave about that thing , specially for live sound. The clip sounds good man ,with the proper eq i think you can dial on some cool tones, you need a boost pedal there for sure :p. Those units are stiil on the expensive side, did you buy a used one?

Yeah man I'm currently shopping for a boost pedal, I neglected to buy one until now thinking I could get away with getting everything else first but... yeah, totally need one.

I got the Palmer second-hand for a really good price. I mainly got it for bedroom jamming since i live in a row of houses with super thin walls. I'm also gonna use it to record, but only to get the amp signal to disk, and then use impulses, as I'm not too hot on the Palmer's cab sim itself for recorded tones.

Yeah man I'm currently shopping for a boost pedal, I neglected to buy one until now thinking I could get away with getting everything else first but... yeah, totally need one.

I got the Palmer second-hand for a really good price. I mainly got it for bedroom jamming since i live in a row of houses with super thin walls. I'm also gonna use it to record, but only to get the amp signal to disk, and then use impulses, as I'm not too hot on the Palmer's cab sim itself for recorded tones.
i have one too i luv it but it needs massive eq shaping......use the palmers cab sim and curve eq it to your fav guitar sample tone it rules try it! it sounds better than impulses for me after its eq'ed.....