my pooch has cancer

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
took my six year old german shepherd to the vets to get spade, turns out she had a 5 pound tumor on what was her ovaries.it was huge and gross, and had a big tail that ran through her stomach area. You would never have been able to tell though. she is a very active dog, and always very happy go lucky.

well they said it could have been a cancerous tumor, and she may not have long to live. but after the surgery, she is back to her old self! very hard to get this dog to take it easy! it has been about a month, and she doesnt seem sick at all! funny seeing a dog with a cone on its head! lol

we have been told that most cancerous tumors on dogs ovaries are actually self contained, so it seems as though she might have beat cancer!!!

and we have also welcomed a new dog to the home. He is a beautiful male german shepherd named jake. He is just over a year old, his back is almost as high as my waist, he has a huge paws, which means he will be huge when he finishes filling out! but he is very gentle and loving!

Dude, I can't tell you how much I hope both of your dogs live long, healthy, and happy lives! Enjoy every minute with 'em!

I hope for the best man. I have a dog who has cancer and she has lived out almost her entire life with it and is as happy and well as ever. Hopefully like you said the dog has beat out the cancer, that would AWESOME.

Oh man :cry: I wish you all the best for your dogs!!

My good boy Yoshi (13 years old golden retriever) is soooo damn slowly since a couple of weeks. Yesterday he even did not want to leave the house(!) Sad. I know, he will die within the next few month.

Sneapster...enjoy every minute as long as your dog is able to enjoy running around outside!

Anssi, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog dude; I'm glad your Mom got another to fill the dog-sized gap in her heart, but it always takes some time to heal! I'm glad he was old though, so he lived a good life. And Felix, all the best to you and Yoshi! The slayin' warmachine :lol:

you will never regret it! best companion you could have! my dog would give its life to protect my family! if they are raised around children, they grow extremely attached to them!

Amen! However, one thing to keep in mind is that should you die in your house, your dog will not hesitate to eat you :D (as my Dad describes it from our dog's perspective, "I'm hungry. That's Doug. Oh well!" :lol: )