Strange paranormal things have been happening to my mum

Wow! Thanks a lot TesticleMilkshake (LOL at the name :p)

My mum said she didn't ever once feel uncomfy though, she didn't feel scared, disturbed, on edge or anything. She doesn't now! Its mainly me and my little brother who are a bit creeped out!

Yes my mum has had a past with both marital and other things but I don't really feel mega comfy talking about that on a forum, it's a little personal for me. The marriage thing was when she was 18 though. Married at 18, divorced after a year and a half, thats it.

And as for contacting, she left a note on the side of her bed last night saying "Who are you? Why are you sorry?" But nothing came of it.

As for the history, our houses are pretty new, on a pretty new estate. My parents knew the previous owners and nothing bad went down, no deaths, nothing left behind etc, so we know the history pretty damn well.

Sorry for getting so deep into this, but the paranormal stuff can be pretty cool! Also, sorry about asking about the marital stuff, too, but it's good to have all the bases covered.

Also, do you know the history of the land itself? Was it a farm or a village before it became an development? These kinds of haunts are very common in European communities, because much of the land is "old" and has been settled before. Only now are we starting to experience this type of haunting in the US, with exceptions to American Indian settlements.

If your mom is "feels" like it's a ex, she might be on to something. People tends to make a lot of associations for their relationships; if something "feels" a certain way, generally there is a reason why. Often though, certain behaviors, when not malevolent, is a spirit's way of resolving "the unresolved" in a past life. It's a way of moving on, preparing for the next lifetime. It should resolve itself, if not she might just need to address him, convey her emotions about the topic. Again, burning or smudging sage can neutralize the space so that your family can put a positive imprint.

Now, as for you and your younger brother, yes, these things are creepy. Having a door randomly open or hearing a voice is scary, but you have a certain power of them. If you stand your ground and assert yourself, it's very unlikely that it will hurt you. Try to rationalize the situation, but also do your best to stay positive. I would suggest maybe reading up on hauntings, whether online or in a library or spiritual shop.

Also, just find this article, it might be helpful:
http://lifehackery.com/2009/10/14/how-to-live-in-a-haunted-house/

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a local paranormal crew; a lot of groups have popped up in the US and the UK over the past twenty years. If it is something demonic, they would know the best way to deal with it. The problem with a lot of demonic haunts is that they tend to be reoccurring. The activity will stop for a period, then return. In general, once negativity is allowed attachment to a person or a place, it can be extremely difficult to get rid of.

1984_ghostbusters_001.jpg

;)

The phone thing is a little weird though!

Just to note, it's not unheard of for software developers to leave in placeholder error messages in their code, especially if it's in an obscure function. a grey screen with "sorry" sounds like it could easily have been the kind of thing the developers were supposed to go back to and rewrite before release but for some reason never got around to.