I had an encounter with the paranormal last night.

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
Ok, for the record I've never believed in anything "paranormal." I've always said that there must be scientific explanations, other explanations... blah blah blah.

But anyway, last night I stayed over at my girlfriend's house while her parents were away on vacation. She has always said her house is haunted and I never believed her, but because of this she doesn't like to stay there alone.

So she woke up coughing at like 4am and got up to presumably go to the bathroom to get some water or something. Several things happened while I was in the room alone. First, a water bottle that was next to the bed, and all of the sudden it made a really loud noise, as if someone had taken it and squeezed it as hard as possible. There was no one in the room, no animals, and I was wide awake because my girlfriend's coughing woke me up. I was a bit weirded out, but I didn't make too much of it.

Next, I hear the water turn on in the bathtub in the bathroom right down the hall. I figure she's taking a bath to help her relax as she likes to do that so I don't make anything of it. I hear the faucets squeak as they turn on, I hear the bath tub run for about 5 minutes (enough time to fill up), and I here the squeak of them turning off. I also hear the door opening and closing.

Here's where it gets fucked up. I hear my girlfriend coming back upstairs (even though I thought she never went down) and at the same time I hear the water turn off in the bathroom. I assumed it was just the house creaking though, and didn't really make too much of it. She came back in and said she went downstairs to get cough syrup and a snack..... to which I replied "I thought you were running a bath?" She said no, and that she hadn't even gone in the bathroom! I told her about the water bottle, the door opening to the bathroom, the water running and everything and at this point we are completely flipping out.

We go to investigate in the bathroom, and the faucet is wet, the bottom of the tub is wet, all the blinds are open (they hadn't been like an hour prior when I got up to pee), and light is on!!

I don't know what the fuck happened. We were completely alone in the house, all the doors were locked, and I even smelled the cough syrup on her breath to make sure she wasn't fucking with me.

Needless to say, I am now a believer. WTF.

Pretty creepy dude, I can totally relate as well. In my old place I never dared to look in the mirrors after dark, because I would frequently get a shadow moving behind me. Also footsteps in the attic, and the light there turning on. No one there!

When I was younger our clock would ring at midnight, and I didn't make anything of it. However, my father ran downstairs with a baseball bat...I didn't get it, fairly normal for a clock to sound. This clock however, wasn't wound, the weights were taken off and the hammer that would sound the bell was also taken off. There was no physical way that clock could have sounded...but it did. I went downstairs with my mother, and the three of us stared at the clock with the bell sounding...without there being anything hitting it.

My girlfriend was the worst off. There is something seriously messed up lurking between those walls. She is the sweetest most gentle person I know, but when we sleep in that place..especially in a particular room with a ton of paintings she simply changes. She'll wake up at night, and start punching me hitting her head against the wall, screaming she hates me and to leave her alone. After a few hours of holding her down it passes and she doesn't remember a thing. Only happens there. I feel it too, but I just get seriously annoyed and pissed off in that room...nothing more. Less sensitive to this I guess

At least your story is friendly enough, ghost takin a bath.

Pretty creepy dude, I can totally relate as well. In my old place I never dared to look in the mirrors after dark, because I would frequently get a shadow moving behind me. Also footsteps in the attic, and the light there turning on. No one there!

When I was younger our clock would ring at midnight, and I didn't make anything of it. However, my father ran downstairs with a baseball bat...I didn't get it, fairly normal for a clock to sound. This clock however, wasn't wound, the weights were taken off and the hammer that would sound the bell was also taken off. There was no physical way that clock could have sounded...but it did. I went downstairs with my mother, and the three of us stared at the clock with the bell sounding...without there being anything hitting it.

My girlfriend was the worst off. There is something seriously messed up lurking between those walls. She is the sweetest most gentle person I know, but when we sleep in that place..especially in a particular room with a ton of paintings she simply changes. She'll wake up at night, and start punching me hitting her head against the wall, screaming she hates me and to leave her alone. After a few hours of holding her down it passes and she doesn't remember a thing. Only happens there. I feel it too, but I just get seriously annoyed and pissed off in that room...nothing more. Less sensitive to this I guess

At least your story is friendly enough, ghost takin a bath.

That's nuts dude! Yeah, whatever this is doesn't seem to be malicious, it just fucks with you. She told me some other stories about that house. Sometimes, the faucets will be on when she wakes up in the morning. Another time all of the blinds were open when she woke up (there are like 8 windows in the bedroom) even though she always closes them when she goes to sleep.

And probably the weirdest one was when she made cupcakes; she had 3 left after everyone had eaten one, then she turned around to wash some dishes, looked back ten 10 seconds and there was only one left!!

Only happens there. I feel it too, but I just get seriously annoyed and pissed off in that room...nothing more. Less sensitive to this I guess

Infrasound.

"While humans are unable to hear infrasound in most cases, infrasound does has its effects on us, and it’s unfortunate to say that they’re adverse. One of its most notable effects is to cause fear and anxiety in humans, and has been suggested by some researchers to be a cause of paranormal experiences. Here are a few scientific papers on infrasound and how they relate to ghostly experiences."

http://warforscience.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/explaining-ghost-sightings-part-4-infrasound/

Too many Scully's in this fucking topic, nice to see a few more Mulders than usual though.

Really interesting story Damian. That spirit sounds pretty cool to me though dude. I wouldn't worry about it. Let him go about his business and try not to be afraid. If the happening's start to get more, eh, y'know, actually genuinely scary and violent feeling, or angry, something like that, then you can start worrying I guess.
I frequently hear someone coming up the stairs in this house, generally around 2-4am (magic hour..) but whatever spirit's making the sound is totally harmless.
I have some theories about who the spirit is and what he's feeling, but I won't go into that for now, gonna sit and monitor this topic and see how it goes before I divulge anymore. I enjoy these discussions but they inevitably turn into skeptics giving any number of reasons for things that are more of a gut instinct, an intuitive feeling that lacks any real word or definition to describe it. "I want to believe," and all that. Sure, it's completely irrational, but you follow it anyway.
OR you're a Scully and science the fuck out of it.

i agree BUT THATS NOT WHAT I SAID >:{
GODDAMNIT JARKKO !

note: uproarious laughter etc

And thats called psychosis, and in a worst case scenario it might end up causing severe mental trauma.

.. Just a heads up you know.

psychosis
rofl

I can't help but think such terminology and such connotations are all an absolute fucking joke.
People the world over require a caffeine fix in the morning otherwise they have massive withdrawal symptoms, textbook ADDICTION and they justify themselves as somehow being "better" than those who are "psychotic."
neither is worse or better, just as crippling, just as fucking stupid, just as much a part of the human condition, just as NORMAL and just as IRREGULAR as each other or anything else.
PSHHHHH
let her get on with her fucking journey without sticking the woman with stupid labels

The only problem I have believing this story, is what motive does a ghost or spirit have for taking a bath? The afterlife must suck if you still have to worry about your personal hygiene even though you don't have a physical body. And personally, if I were a ghost, I would think of waaay better ways of fucking with people.

My bet is that your girlfriend could have been sleep walking, and maybe turned on the bath without realizing it. I'm not saying it's not possible that a ghost did it, I'm just throwing that out there.

The only problem I have believing this story, is what motive does a ghost or spirit have for taking a bath? The afterlife must suck if you still have to worry about your personal hygiene even though you don't have a physical body. And personally, if I were a ghost, I would think of waaay better ways of fucking with people.

My bet is that your girlfriend could have been sleep walking, and maybe turned on the bath without realizing it. I'm not saying it's not possible that a ghost did it, I'm just throwing that out there.

Definitely

Like was mentioned earlier, Infrasound, ELF-EMFs can trigger the body to do weird things, including sleep walking, and hallucinations. And as it being an external trigger can make more than one person experience the same hallucination at the same time, even wide awake, but you are most susceptible to it when you are coming in and out of sleep.