I had an encounter with the paranormal last night.

I don't mean to bump this thread, but some weird shit is going on around me right now and I thought it was the appropriate place to get it off my chest.
Basically, I'm in bed, on holiday at my gf's grandparents house as we speak, on my laptop, with my 3 year old son next to me, and my gf next to him. We come here every Christmas and I love it, they have a big house in the middle of nowhere in Wales, 3 story ex-guest-house (used to run as a bed n breakfast) and the whole of her family stay here at this time of year.

Anyway, about 5 minutes ago the radio/alarm clock in the corner of the room started crackling and making all sorts of fucked up noises, so I went over to check it out and the fucker is unplugged. Didn't really phase me that much, but then all of a sudden (and holy shit it just happened again) my son keeps waving to someone over in the corner. And it's freaking me the fuck out :lol:

I'm usually incredibly rational/sane but this is driving me nuts. Dammit he just did it again!

We have been. He just points and says "that". He's not big on speaking :lol: We're watching cartoons but every now and then he'll look over like he's uncomfortable. He's not scared, but he's definitely puzzled at something. I dunno, maybe he thinks he can hear someone coming down the corridor or something. I'm just being paranoid because I'm tired I think haha

- an electronic object making noises
- a child thinking he is seeing things

Yeah, nothing to be afraid of :)

unplugged^^

and children can see things adults can so can dogs and cats i've seen my dog stare into a hallway and have the light shut off with no one there like he acted as if someone was there light goes off from a switch being shut

i've only ever experience one event in my life which i could consider paranormal in nature...and it could very well have been a huge coincidence, albeit a really creepy/awesome one

my wife, however, grew up in an old farmhouse that her and her entire family swear up and down was haunted, and have endless stories of weird shit going on there. her dad finally sold the house to a guy who he was friends with, who asked him only a week after moving in what was up with the womanly figure that passes by one of the windows every night...

i know it's easy to dismiss such stories as being in one's mind, but when you have multiple people from different families having numerous experiences in the same building over a period of years, it definitely lends some credence to it all

Sounds like it could have been sleeping paralysis, its often related to ghost sightings, alien abductions etc.
Its not that uncommon actually.. In fact, there was a thread on this forum where it seemed like pretty much everyone had experienced it. ;)

Nope I was awake, opend my eyes and moved on bed.
I experienced sleep paralysis and I still experience it, I'm not that scared about that now that I experienced it many times, of course first time was like a knightmare!

Well, I've just woken up after not getting to sleep TIL 6AM!!!!!!!! I was up all fuckin night hearing/seeing things, no doubt hallucinating from tiredness and paranoia :lol: This is our last night here though, so I gotta spend one more goddam night in that room. Should be... fun.

unplugged^^
Condenser/batteries/static electricity.

Children see stuff because of their imagination and different conception of the world.

Dogs or cat have different eyes and use a lot their smell and hearing. The fact they see stuff you don't see don't mean it's paranormal.

Stop putting the word "paranormal" on "what I don't know or understand". That's what religious people do with "god" :)

Well, I've just woken up after not getting to sleep TIL 6AM!!!!!!!! I was up all fuckin night hearing/seeing things, no doubt hallucinating from tiredness and paranoia :lol: This is our last night here though, so I gotta spend one more goddam night in that room. Should be... fun.
Aha yeah, it already happened to me too to sleep in a creepy room. And when you get in paranoia, it's so hard to calm it :)