I had an encounter with the paranormal last night.

I'm a trained psychologist (well...studied it for 4 years), so I know how to differentiate mental disorder from the inexplicable. Psychosis is usually triggered by periods of stress or substance (ab)use. She's doing 100% ok, doesn't drink and doesn't use drugs. Nothing ever happened to her, or me, except for in that particular room around 2 am.

Believe what you will, but she does not have a mental disorder of any kind.

"maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself" - marky mark

Hmz? What I do

Sorry to hear about the strange experience. I'm sure it could be unnerving.

However the only time I'll believe it's anything remotely paranormal is when someone finally brings out recorded proof.

Once I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water and an ashtray on my counter top moved a good foot by itself, slowly sliding to the upper right corner of the counter area. Nothing was wet, nothing was underneath the ashtray, there was no wind, and it was fuckin' CREEPY.

I've always wondered if that series ''A Haunting'' on the Discovery Channel is for real or what

Very pragmatical here - only thing that has ever happened to me was at my grandma's apartment (not an old building or anything). Some two years ago, I was there playing guitar with a student (as I do everyday), in a small room with the door closed. It was about 7 or 8pm I think. No one else was in the apartment as my grandma was in recovery from a hip accident in a treatment facility elsewhere in the city. Main door I had it locked from the inside (with one of those security keys I left placed in). Third floor and no way of reaching through a window or anything. So there we were, when out of nowhere I start hearing a somewhat faint scratching on the door. As if someone with long nails was slowly and softly scratching with several fingers. I stopped speaking and told the other guy 'did you hear that?' he said 'well, yes' as if nothing, and I said 'shit but there's no one else in this apartment, did you hear that really?' And then in utter silence we heard a couple of attempts to turn the room's door knob from the outside. I instantly jumped at the door and opened it, thinking somehow it was a practical joke (or a thief) but no one else was there and all the lights were turned off, just as I left them.
To this day I really cannot figure what the fuck was that.

I fucking LOVE paranormal threads.

So I had a pretty crazy experience a couple of weeks ago after a childhood friend passed away unexpectedly.

A friend I grew up with was hunting in a wooded area when his dog ran onto a set of train tracks. A train happened to becoming and the dog froze. My friend went to rescue his dog, but unfortunately it was too late and both died. His death was obviously a shock, however, I was more disturbed by the fact a good friend happened to be the engineer on that train and witnessed the whole ordeal. I'm know many of the railroad personnel and everyone was pretty hurt over this death.

Anyway, the night of my friend's passing, I started thinking, "What if he didn't crossover? What if his soul hasn't realized he's passed?" So, being a Jew and an uber-hippie, I lit some nag champa and recited the sh'ma. Feeling a little more at peace, I turned off my nightside lamp and went to bed.

I was about half-away asleep, maybe lucid-ish dreaming, when I experienced my friend's death from his perspective. It was weird, because I actually experienced the cold of being outside, feeling the dampness in the air. I reached out for the dog and saw the train, I saw the engineer's face, watched his expression change to panic, frantically reaching for buttons, equipment. I watch and hear him lean on the horn, then I get hit. That last thing I hear is cars passing over me and see the undercarriage of the train.

The sheer freakiness of it all wakes me up. Then my lamp flickers on and turns off. Not gonna lie, I almost shit my pants.

Whether or not this was legitimate a paranormal experience, feeling his death from the first person perspective put me at some level of peace, because I know he passed quickly and without pain.

Every paranormal tv show is 100% FAKE. All the ones ive seen on TV have been proven fake by either their own videos, ex-members who exposed the group, and even clients that the TV shows went to have told on them.
Its just entertainment. They are paid actors. They may have have a legit group at some point, but the $$ and ratings controls them being on TV.
Im in a paranormal group, and there are believers in the group AND skeptics. Im very skeptic, but Ive have experiences that lets me know that SOMETHING is there.

Since ive been in the group, there has only been ONE piece of evidence we've that I think is pretty damn cool. Alot of the things that someone thinks is something I usually gets explained fast. Of course sometimes people think they heard something or whatever, but that doesnt make it true. I have ALOT of problems with the paranormal group world which is a main reason im in one. The theories I think are stupid I always bring up to the group in hopes to convert some into using their brain when it comes to the field.

Alot of the theories and shit thats carried as laws of the paranormal thing are total BULLSHIT. Its hard to explain to people that just because some jackass says something doesnt make it TRUE. Im talking about things like "orbs" in pictures. That just fucking kills me. If someone thinks the "orb" they see is a ghost, they are flat out stupid. Its really sad that some groups buy into that bullshit. Its almost DUST every time and you can recreate it any time you want. Sometimes its light reflection off a bug from the camera flash or even moisture.

One main reason that groups dont like to say "nope, we didnt find shit", is because they feel that they or the client will feel the job wasnt done right. Like the job wouldve been done better if I had moonwalked my ass across the floor doing EMF sweeps or something. "Yeah, youre right...if I had taken these pictures without pants on, I wouldve caught the white lady in a dress opening your cabinet door."

Alot of groups lie or overreact because they feel they have to. Especially when you have nutbar goateed canklelites dressed in moo-moo's telling you that she feels someone is staring at her while she's in the shower." Its like "Stevie Wonder wouldnt even stare at you in the fucking shower, lady!" People have some crazy ass claims, im tellin ya!

Anyway, while I DO believe that alot of the claims people are total BS, I KNOW that some certainly are true. Is it GHOSTS of dead humans that once lived? I dont know. Is it "demons trying to deceive man" like my mom says? I have no clue. Is it parallel dimensions somehow overlapping? I really dont know. There's many possibilities. Too many people say "ooohhh its the guy that died in the house 100 years ago". In most cases its the paranormal crack the person is smoking.

When people get scared enough, they can convince themselves of anything. Shit, when I was in 6 I KNEW that Freddy Kruger was in my closet at night. Was he? Of course not. Same concept, but applied to adults.
There is something going on, but I think its VERY hard to capture real evidence of it. Remember, this is just my personal opinion.

I have to say that i have had several experiences with the paranormal.
On thing was this old cabin we spent our summers in.. we could sit in the living room, and all of a sudden we saw this white glowing man running around in our yard, just to vanish a few seconds later.
We are all skeptics so each time we saw it we looked for things that might have reflected in the windows, but couldn't find anything.. and even if we did, it would be kind of odd that 5 people saw the reflection moving over the same spot in the yard, looking from 5 different angles through 2 different windows.
Just to add to the strangeness, there where no electrical lines for miles(Yup, chopping wood for warmth and throwing pine combs at each other for amusement. :lol:).

Other stuff involves an attic door to the same 150 year old house unlocking it self.. and it had an old rusted latch like this one:

rusted_latch.jpg

Seriously, WE had problems unlocking that door because you had to be f-ing strong to turn that latch.. but apparently some wood moving, or wind blowing did it. :lol:

I'm still not saying that it was ghosts, but i cant find any reasonable explanations to what it was.
Ive lived in several houses over 100 years old, so im used to that "someone is walking in the stairs"-phenomenon etc.. its all just a creaking old house, but those two things above i cant explain no matter how hard i try.

My girlfriend was the worst off. There is something seriously messed up lurking between those walls. She is the sweetest most gentle person I know, but when we sleep in that place..especially in a particular room with a ton of paintings she simply changes. She'll wake up at night, and start punching me hitting her head against the wall, screaming she hates me and to leave her alone. After a few hours of holding her down it passes and she doesn't remember a thing. Only happens there. I feel it too, but I just get seriously annoyed and pissed off in that room...nothing more. Less sensitive to this I guess

At least your story is friendly enough, ghost takin a bath.

this sounds like she was possessed by an entity.
That sucks.
Anyway even though I experienced something scary (not so creepy as yours) I still don't believe that much to those strange things, what happend to me was maybe just imagination.
When I was a kid I heared an old lady voice calling my name at nightime.
It was clearly calling my name, I still remember her voice after 25 years (I was 7)
I remember I was awake. maybe I was asleep and dreamed about being awake, who knows.
Other time (at age of 10) I was in the living room, door closed, watching a tv movie with pierce brosnan (Around the World in Eighty Days). Well that closed door was one with a blurry glass, I saw clearly a shadow walking behind the door. I ran to my mom and dad and asked if they passed near the door. Nope they didn't.
It was scary, I guess Pierce scared the shit out of me eheheh
Anyway your stuff scares me a lot ;)

Anyway even though I experienced something scary (not so creepy as yours) I still don't believe that much to those strange things, what happend to me was maybe just imagination.
When I was a kid I heared an old lady voice calling my name at nightime.
It was clearly calling my name, I still remember her voice after 25 years (I was 7)
I remember I was awake. maybe I was asleep and dreamed about being awake, who knows.

Sounds like it could have been sleeping paralysis, its often related to ghost sightings, alien abductions etc.
Its not that uncommon actually.. In fact, there was a thread on this forum where it seemed like pretty much everyone had experienced it. ;)

Sounds like it could have been sleeping paralysis, its often related to ghost sightings, alien abductions etc.
Its not that uncommon actually.. In fact, there was a thread on this forum where it seemed like pretty much everyone had experienced it. ;)

I have a theory.
I think Andy Sneap is a ghost master and this forum is made so he can check up on us to see if his ghosts are doing what they are told.

I have a theory.
I think Andy Sneap is a ghost master and this forum is made so he can check up on us to see if his ghosts are doing what they are told.

Mind was blown, and bricks where shat. :OMG:

Sleep paralysis and false awakenings can be scary as fuck.
Whenever I've experienced states of mind that seem to be one of the other (I can never really figure out if I've had a false awakening or sleep paralysis) I've always woken scared shitless and feeling so uncomfortable.

I'm actually really sceptic about the "paranormal".. or better: I'm pretty sure it's just the people's minds that fuck with them.
Also when being half-asleep/awake you often really are not, but dreaming very realistic. Which explains about 99,9% of the stories.
I tend to dream so freakin "realistic" things that I sometimes have to ask other people if what I dreamed actually happened or not, heh...

A few stories here scared the shit out of me, nevertheless :lol:
Thinking of it, I never had any paranormal encounters.. at least none that I know of.
Only thing freaking me out was a few days ago, it was really late (2am or 3am) and the room was dark except for my laptop.
When sitting at my kitchen desk, behind me is the kitchen (obviously) and thus the fridge, cooker and stuff.
So I sat there, browsing through the forum and listening to some nice post-rock with headphones and suddenly there was this REALLY fucking loud noise behind me,
I swear it sounded 100% like a horror film when a big metal door sloooooowly but really noisy opens. I don't always lock the door, too so I shat massive bricks.
I turned around as fast as i could to realize the cooker (the oven, specifically) was now open (and I actually still saw it move).

Well I closed the damn thing and it locks, so there was no way in hell it would pop open on it's own. At least that's what I thought.
So after cleaning from all the shit and pee on the floor ( ;) ) I examined the damn thing - all possible lights switched on - to find out there was actually a screw missing, and that particular screw should keep the whole thing from moving. Pheeewwww.... and additionaly I rembered seeing (and getting rid of) said screw when throwing away all the old stuff in the house.
Mistery solved, but I was actually really scared for a few moments. :D

I saw a sliding glass window, unlock, open slowly, close slowly and lock back up in the middle of the day. Didn't scare me one bit, puzzled me for a sec and I realized I'd just imagined it.

There is no such things as unicorns, kelpie, pegasus, centaurs, nightmares, elves, pixies, fairies, minotaurs, fauns, mermaids/men, valkyrie, dragons, kraken, cthulu, ghost, wraith, poltergeist, daemon, dragon, warg, barghest, dwarf, wizards/witches, vampires, zombies, headless horseman, headless mule, mummies, goblins, orcs, ghouls, gremlins, hippocamp, hobbit, werewolf, wight, gytrash, imp, merlion, satyr, troll, ogre, giant, hag, daemon, genie, nymph, angels, demons, spirits, shapeshifters, wendigos, monsters, griffin, brag, buraq, nessie, nix, phoenix, yowie, sphinx, orthrus, hydra, harpies, sirens, mares of diomedes, medusa, cyclops, yeti, bigfoot, aliens, abominable snowman, frankenstein, grim reaper, banshee, sea serpent, megalodon, mothman, self duplicating dongs with balls, changelings, dracs, gnomes, gog, harpies, imps, leviathan, undead, titans, jinn, typhons, oberon, golems, gargoyles, sandman, sprites, hobgoblins, incubi, jaculi, puck, immortals, gods ext . . .

Relax, you're OK and shit happens.