I officialy have the coolest mum !!! :)

My mom surprised me when she started listening to my music. My brother and I played it so much at home and in the car that she eventually started to like it.
She's even been to every concert with me. Including Carcass, Entombed, Dissection, Dimmu Borgir, At The Gates....etc. In August we are going to Ozzfest and she's 53!
One problem though.....she doesn't like Katatonia; no matter how hard I try.

I've played Opeth for my mom while explaining the fluxuations and need for heavy vocals in certain areas. She admitted that they were great musicians. But I think she only thought the acoustic parts were "pretty" and that's about it. She thought some Anathema was pretty, too.
Put it this way my mom listens to contemporary christian music...

the secret is repetition. constant playing of metal makes anybody likes something of metal. doesn't matter their age. they have to be a little open minded

i wish... although 15 years of trying, my mum still listens to country´n western and dances linedance...

my dad enjoys watching the pantera videos - in his words: 'the songs are crap but they know how to enjoy themselves':D . my mum likes lacuna coil too :)

Hehe... my mum sometimes hums the chorus of 'Strained'. On the whole she doesn't like the "depressive" lyrics, but has a soft spot for the catchy parts :)

my father acted kinda cool once
I had my discman on in the car and he said: hey give me the cd and I'll play it here
so I said: hey old guy(I call him that) it's quite heavy
so we put the "crowned in terror" cd on
he turns the volume up a lot and tells me: headbang all you want
it was very funny
but I would like him to growl during metal songs

Originally posted by manuelgv
my father acted kinda cool once
I had my discman on in the car and he said: hey give me the cd and I'll play it here
so I said: hey old guy(I call him that) it's quite heavy
so we put the "crowned in terror" cd on
he turns the volume up a lot and tells me: headbang all you want
it was very funny
but I would like him to growl during metal songs

COOL MAN! youve got a cool dad.

yeah he's a a cool old man
also my mom
I can play my music while we eat
and I can listen to it all day long and they don't complain
we usually eat listening to at the gates or testament
they are used to it now

Originally posted by manuelgv

I can play my music while we eat
and I can listen to it all day long and they don't complain
we usually eat listening to at the gates or testament
they are used to it now

I'm not sure I'd want to eat while listening to that stuff....

oh it's beautiful to listen to some good metal while you eat or while you are just walking around the house
I rarely listen to very "quiet" metal so when I do they are kinda surprised and say: hey that sounds very different from what you usually listen to