My Search Is Over! (warning, tone thread )

sounds great man! how do you like the T-75 and V30 combo in your 1960? I've been thinking of replacing one or two of the speakers in mine with a V30 just for different flavors in recording..

you'd definetly need a HP and some low-mid taming for this to sit in a mix well. you have an excellent start though..

Charlie

Im really loving the combination, i was struggling for a decent tone with just the 75 as it always gave me this phasey esque sound but at the same time i loved its character, it just wasnt suitable for my mixes. With the v30, it sounds very direct but doesnt have the warmth of the 75 imo. So the obvious thing to do was combine them and it all just clicked.

I used an sm57 and also a beaten up old beyerdynamic i had just for giggles, but it worked quite nicely with the 75. I mic'ed the bottom left speaker ( 75 ) with the beyer, basically hanging by the cable over the cab and fixed by the amp feet, so the front of capsules facing the floor and the side is facing roughly the middle of the cone... Mic'ed the top right (v30 ) with the 57 angled slightly downwards and slightly to the left, facing just outside the middle of the cone. Not exactly familiar with mic'ing techniques, so i do what works i guess.

Mucked about some more to get that DEI tone that sounds so fucking cool.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=310D0578551F7507