Testing out my New fender Dual Showman 1989 red knob tube amp. 3 sounds

Keessi

Everything on eleven!
Aug 11, 2006
Hi people! I've noticed a lot of you guys use 5150 or 6505, but I haven't seen one using a Dual Showman. Well here's my clip:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F340EDC718B83766

Basically it's me(a drummer :)) fiddling around a few punk/metal riffs with 3 totally different sounds.

First one is a dismemberish sound = EMG81 -> NS-2 noise suppressor -> HM-2 Heavy metal -> Dual Showman clean channel -> V30(mesa f30's element)

Second is a shitty sound that I messed up = EMG81 -> NS-2 noise suppressor -> Ds-1 Distortion -> dual Showman clean channel -> V30

Third is a more "reasonable" sound = EMG81 -> NS-2 noise suppressor -> Mesa V-twin Solo channel -> dual Showman clean channel -> V30

Any input?

ps. I found out that this amp has a nasty hiss around 2,5khz and I have to pin point that frequency out... or maybe I mic'd it too centered.

the first tone is odd, but with some work it could sound ok. the second one is like what i imagined the first one would sound like if it was worked on. the third is pretty similar to the second. i like the second/thired. i like how unique they sound, reminds me of hardcore tone like converge, but more metal.