Tone help??

signatures

New Metal Member
Apr 28, 2009
Colorado Springs
I need a little help with some super destructive tone/pedals. I'm on "the journey."

Here is what i'm working with as of now:

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Sunn 1973 Model T
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 Lead 4x12
Marshall JCM 900 4x12
LTD H-1000 deluxe w/ EMG's
Gibson Voodoo SG w/EMG's
Vintage Boss DS-1 (orange distortion pedal)
Vintage Boss HM-2 (Black w/orange knobs)
Boss DD-6 (digital delay)
Boss OC-3 (octave)
Boss NS-2 (noise suppressor)
Boss TU-2 (chromatic tuner)
Morley A/B box
DBX Dual 15-band Graphic EQ

I feel like I have a large enough arsenal of noise to blow down a brick house, and I like the tone of the 3rd channel on the triple, which I have been using for years as my main amp.

I'd really like to start using the Sunn Model T, as It is VERY loud and can produce a cool stonery clean tone. I play in a grind/doom band and just aren't happy with how thin my tone seems to be...it might be possible that i'll just never be happy with my tone, but thought that you guys might have some suggestions as to what pedals or something else I could use...I like a ton of low end, and a good amount of mids, i'm not super concerned with a lot of highs. Speaker changes perhaps? Pedals? Re-wiring something? Mods?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As of now I'm getting a decently heavy tone, it's just not ballsy enough...and that's just through the triple.

Clips from my last record here: http://www.myspace.com/3952931

Tone's I like: Sunn 0))), Trap Them (comparable to old entomed "swedish death metal sound" i suppose), Early Graves, Russian Circles, Botch...gotta think of more. Basically, super heavy, pretty distorted, loud as hell.