my story :(

amon666

Jul 9, 2007
London, ON, Canada
www.myspace.com
i used to listen to rap, untill one day (3 years ago), my friend interduced me to amon amarth, and the song was bloodshed, since then i've been in love with them madly, i felt like my soul was lost but then it found the right way. and a shit load of bad things happened to me, and all that time i listen to amon amarth to make me feel better and it always worked. failing a grade, death of 2 cuzins, and lots more. plus my b-day cake was amon amarth cake too. i've been living in middel east all my life, and amon amarth dont tour over there:(

anyway my dad offered me to come to canada and i thought about it that if i did, i would see amon amarth, so the only reason that i came to this country, the only reason that i said yes i'll leave my family, friends, and home, only to see them live,

for 3 years i've been counting the days to see them. till last summer i knew that they were going to have headlining tour in north america, and they will play for 1 hour and 30 mins, which is like 17 songs. cuz they usually play 5 songs only. plus they said that they will meet the fans for pics and sign. so i was sooo happy and preparing my self, (i even lost couple of pounds to look good in pics with them). so when i came to canada and met the metalheads over here, and i met dustin, he told me if im going to see them in dec 6. i was like fuck yeah i cant miss it, so he told me that he will drive there if i was intrested to come, i felt joy that i found a ride to go to it, after that kevin said hes coming, dustin's gf, and his body mike. thats 5 in a car. and since then i was really excited and every now and then i talk about it,

then before one month i started a count down on my msn name, the nickname was "30 Days left For The Gods Of Metal AMON AMARTH \M/", and everyday i get more excited than the day before it. while the days went by, i met a lot of kool ppl in fanshawe and UWO, and i met 2 girls that were going to the show too.

2 weeks before the show, dustin's friend mike, backed down cuz he has an exam the next day. so we asked nick to come with us, then when we thought about it we got the idea to rent a van to get 10 ppl with us, and nick would drive.

4 days before the show nick told me that he had a class and he couldnt make it, and i totally understand, so we wont rent a van anymore, so we will still go with dustin,

2 days before the show kevin and dustin's gf, backed down for some personal reasons, so i was like ok i understand, then i said i'll ask those 2 girls to come with us, cuz it would be cheaper for them to go by a car not by the bus

1 day before the show dustin backed down cuz of the weather, and his car cant handle it, and i understood that, so my only chance was grayhound with the 2 girls, at 1:30 pm and come back at 1:00 am cuz one of them has exam the next day. so i was kinda sad that all my friends backed down, but yet i was really excited to see amon amarth,, and before i take shower i was talkin with one of these girls she told me that were takin the bus 5:30pm, but i told her that in that case we will wont meet amon amarth, cuz they r meeting the fans from 7-7:30. and if we went for 5:30 then we will be in toronto in 7:30, so we wont catch the band. i kinda convienced her, but she said she has to ask her friend first, and get back to me next moring,,

and before i sleep i wrote a small poem for amon amarth
5 god-like stands in one stage
they sang. 17 songs about the viking age
they sang about honor, glory, and rage
looking at them, keeps my words in a cage
head banging i stay
while the rythem that i feel makes the pain to fade away

(in arabic)
5 metel elahat wagfeen 3ala masra7 wa7ad
be'3ano, 17 2o'3neyah 3an ele viking age
be'3ano 3an ele sharaf o foz o ele '3a'9ab
batfarag 3aleehom. bas ba'9aly saket
ba7arek rasi ba'9aly
ma3 ele na'3am ele be5aly ele 2alam ye5tefy

so next moring i get an offline massage that they r going at 5:30, so i was like ok since its my first time ever in toronto, so i have to sacrifice meeting the band instead of getting lost in downtown.
so at 4:45 pm i went to the station i waited till 5, i called one of them, she told me that she will be here at 5:20. i waited no one came, at 5:25 i called her and told her that the bus is leaving after 5 mins, she said that "im really sorry i cant make it" i was dissapointed, and i knew that if i didnt go i would miss amon, but if i went theres a huge chance that i would get lost, but i said fuck it, let me go alone, so when i was buying my ticket, the women told me that the bus is full, and i have to wait for the other one which is after 3 hours, so i missed the show:'(

i only said this to share my story, but im not holding anything agaisnt anyone, but all i wanted is to see amon, nothin more, nothin less
:'(

Mate you have touched me =[

You will see a show of Amon Amarth.

If I had more money and time.
I would pay for you to come to Australia and see it.

Just because you went to all that trouble to go see them.
You, sir, are a true fan :kickass:
=[

Oh and by the way, when you said this
"after that kevin said hes coming, dustin's gf..."
I thought you meant kevin was dustins gf :p:lol:
I was like wierd name for a chick.
=P
But I got you now. =]

that teach us that if you really wanna see or do something, go for it, dont postpone it for no one, because people let you down most of the time..so next time, just grab the ticket as soon as you know about the gig and go there alone, it´s better to be alone in a gig you really want to see that do not go because no one went with you and you regret after all fo not being there...i have been myself few times alone and well, it was not the best gigs i ever had,but at least i went there...
but dor despair, you will see them soon, they are getting more known so more chances for gigs for sure...

Oh, dude! I feel so bad for you! If it helps any, there will be more chances, not to worry. I caught the Vancouver show and the Seattle show, got about three hours of sleep between the two, and got back home at 4:30 AM this morning. I am still high on adrenaline. It's SO worth waiting for!!! You'll just have to be twice as loud and head bang twice as hard when they roll back into town next time, that's all. Wish I could make it better somehow, though...

OH dude I am so sorry to hear you missed the show!!! There is nothing worse than disappointment when you've had your hopes up for so long. I got a guitar pic from my show, you want it man? :(

Mate you have touched me =[

You will see a show of Amon Amarth.

If I had more money and time.
I would pay for you to come to Australia and see it.

Just because you went to all that trouble to go see them.
You, sir, are a true fan :kickass:
=[

Oh and by the way, when you said this
"after that kevin said hes coming, dustin's gf..."
I thought you meant kevin was dustins gf :p:lol:
I was like wierd name for a chick.
=P
But I got you now. =]

thanx bro for thinkin of me, and im sure theres a lot of ture fans, for amon, including me and u, cuz simply they fuckin deserve it

that teach us that if you really wanna see or do something, go for it, dont postpone it for no one, because people let you down most of the time..so next time, just grab the ticket as soon as you know about the gig and go there alone, it´s better to be alone in a gig you really want to see that do not go because no one went with you and you regret after all fo not being there...i have been myself few times alone and well, it was not the best gigs i ever had,but at least i went there...
but dor despair, you will see them soon, they are getting more known so more chances for gigs for sure...

yeah, and if i wanted something so bad, i shouldnt ask anyone
to help me, i should get it alone, althought other ppl told me that never trust women of somthin that u wanted so badly

Oh, dude! I feel so bad for you! If it helps any, there will be more chances, not to worry. I caught the Vancouver show and the Seattle show, got about three hours of sleep between the two, and got back home at 4:30 AM this morning. I am still high on adrenaline. It's SO worth waiting for!!! You'll just have to be twice as loud and head bang twice as hard when they roll back into town next time, that's all. Wish I could make it better somehow, though...

it was really nice to hear from u tyra, i just hope the band reads my story, and know that even if i didnt come, i would still be one of there biggest fan

OH dude I am so sorry to hear you missed the show!!! There is nothing worse than disappointment when you've had your hopes up for so long. I got a guitar pic from my show, you want it man? :(

thanx dude, i've been waiting for 3 years now, and i didnt get it :(, and u offering me the guitar pic is the nicest thing that anyone ever did,
so my ans would be yes, very yes, if i didnt see them or get the poster, or even to shake there hands, at least i would get somthing that its related to them

I don't want to sound innapropriate, i'm kind of drunk, i'm back from a pagan fest with awsome bands \m/, but cut that shit with the arab poem. I hear enough of that language here to have to read it in a forum where i like to cool off. (nothing against you personally... i just like being an ass).

thanx dude, i've been waiting for 3 years now, and i didnt get it :(, and u offering me the guitar pic is the nicest thing that anyone ever did,
so my ans would be yes, very yes, if i didnt see them or get the poster, or even to shake there hands, at least i would get somthing that its related to them

Sure man, just let me know where to send it. It's Ted's pic!