My superguitar !!

brokkel

Aug 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm in my last year Productdevelopment now , and my last asignment is to create a new type of guitar , which eliminates all the bugs and malfunctions that nowadays still excist ... Of course I must built it so that the usergroup is satisfied and where better then to ask it here ... So what do you hate on the current guitars (strings braking etc...) and what features should you're Superguitar have ... Wacko Ideas are welcome !!

Thats quite a task! Well you said your open to stupid suggestions, so I'd like my guitar to play a clean note whether I push the string all the way down or not. Whenever I try and play fast I don't hit the note all the way, and it makes that muted sound (I'm a beginner). If you could make that happen I may actually sound like I know what I'm doing when I play :p

Hmm, maybe I just throw some ideas...

GOOD Built-in noisegate

Quick change of tuning from E to D could possibly be done with somekind of two-way adjustable bridge: A "swaying" bridge, that would lock into two (three=E, Eb, D?) different positions. PRS has quick-tune for one string, maybe something like that, for all strings in one block. (Or separate blocks for each string.)

At the same time, the bridge would be Floyd Rose-type, so that you could use the vibrato-bar. Also, a quick-locki mechanism would be nice, if someone prefers Gibson-like bridges with no bar.

No traditional string-locks.

Adjustable pickup switch(es). Maybe two independently working, three-way switches. Adjustability is the key word. Also piezo must be included! With flexible pickup-combinations and easy-to-operate-on-the-fly switch for the piezo.

Built-in capo??

24frets

...that's all for now...

I think Id like to point out to all who are saying a quick switch from E to Eb to D tunings should note that if you were to change to each tuning your strings would get progressively looser...also I dont think the neck would appriciate such sudden changes of tension...I really dont think it can be done.

plus a noisegate built into the guitar wouldnt do anything, most noise comes from the amp and from effects

Theres really nothing I can think of in terms of how to improve the guitar...perhaps another intonation system similar to the Buzz Feiten or Fretwave system to keep it in tune better?

From D to E or whatever....

Strings loosen up? Yes, that's what they do - and then they have to be changed.

I've used my Gibson tuned in both E and D, and also a mixed tuning - E, but E6 string lowered to D. To make a long story short: No problems.

It really can't be known, unless it is experimented. And yes, I do understand that there are matters of tension and such, that need to be solved, especially in Floyd Rose case. But I feel it's not impossible.. Or to put it better, I dont' know if it can be done, but I'd sure like to!

Separate quick tune system (half note steps, eg E, Eb, D) for each string would give amazing opportunities of different tunings - to open chords, or whatever.

And crazy ideas were asked for, right?