Death/Doom

Lacrimas Profundere's first two albums are solid romantic tinged doom. Lots of clean vocals (male/female) lots of classical instrumentation: violins, flutes, keys, acoustics. Slow dirges and tasteful leads abound! Sometimes they speed it up a bit, but for the most part its atmospheric melodic goodness. Not sure how easy they're to find, i only have mp3s. I can get you one or two if you want. One of the better bands in the style to be sure.

I must say, while not beating down new doors, this Necare album is quite tastefully done. Cheers for the reco. Next up: Slumber, Terhen, Saturnus.

Quoting myself rules.

The full length is complete and, I must say, it is wonderful. It all flows together splendidly.

I think I will keep making random posts for the next couple of months to build some hype prior to the release. :zombie:

Again, quoting myself...

Darkflight has been out for a few weeks...a few of you have it, but I thought I would upload the final track from the album. Check out the melody that comes in at about 6:32. Holy shit.

Rock and/or Roll

it is a good album. track 7 is my favorite.

the album reminds me of early void of silence without the industrial tinkerings. dense atmosphere.

so Im truly checking out Saturnus for the first time. About 30 years late.

i also listened to Enshine, Exgenesis, and replayed Mar de Grises (remember when JayK was splooging over them?) and they were okay I guess. Enshine is the band of former Slumber dude.

so Im truly checking out Saturnus for the first time. About 30 years late.

i also listened to Enshine, Exgenesis, and replayed Mar de Grises (remember when JayK was splooging over them?) and they were okay I guess. Enshine is the band of former Slumber dude.

I like Enshine, and that Exgenesis (same guy again) was decent, but prefer the Slumber record over it all.

Enshine is good, and if they were easily available, I might grab em by the pussy

Im trying to get into some more doom/death/gothic/melodic/shitz, but cant find any bands beyond MDB, Saturnus, or Amber Tears that really excite me.

I will go through this thread at some point to get some reminders. But man, a lot of this stuff feels like fake sadboi metal.

I think I probably recommended these before but I think these will be to your liking:

Forgotten Silence (they have many good albums -- Doomcier recommended one of their later albums in this thread, also excellent but prog deathish)--

Pyogenesis (only their first two EP's are doom/death but they're GREAT with some catchy clean vocals) --- after this they added more gothic and later punk elements to their sound --i've only heard the first two full lengths)

---their first full length Ignis Creatio

This is their first full length (very catchy as well)

Forgotten Sunrise (Their only real doom/death release--but it's an excellent EP--especially that first track--)

Avernus (Underrated band ---this is from their '94 EP and a later ep)

Aphotic (members of dusk's next band--they had some good melodic doom/death stuff

Hails to these posts. I had a crush on Avernus way back when but kept confusing them with Avrigus (atmodoom from Australia), which were good as well but not as good.
I'll check out the other stuff.
Pyogenesis I know. Didn't do much for me at the time, maybe now.

Here's that Avrigus album anyway. Do you know this weird feeling when listening to something that disappeared from your radar years (in that case decades) ago and you realize that you can still hum everything seconds ahead?

Listen to these two lesser known gems. Those who know Paramaecium consider the debut a classic. It's crushingly heavy and funereal. I prefer the second album which has more variety in vocals, instrumentation, pacing, etc.

Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth (1993)

Paramaecium - Within the Ancient Forest (1996)