My Superior 2.0 Mix

May 23, 2008
I've been working with Superior all day today. My head is spinning I've tweaked WAY too many parameters to know what's any good anymore, so I'm just going to post this short clip and let you guys judge for yourself. I plan to come back to it with fresher ears. ;)

I'm just playing some random riff over the drum track I made.

Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.matt-steele.com/matt_steele_S2.0_Test1.mp3

Here's the drums alone. I think some of my final plugs heated up the drums a bit too much in the overall mix. I think I need to lay off! :(

http://www.matt-steele.com/matt_steele_S2.0drumsonly.mp3

Haha same here :lol:

The snare sounds very detached from the rest of the kit.

(OT English language question : "detached"... is that correct ?)

Or like... The snare sound is a bit "foreignated" from the other drums :rolleyes:
No euh detached sound right to me :headbang: Doens't necessarily mean it's good though... :)

Hehe would be good for both of us since we are a bit >foreignated< from the english language since it's not our native one ;)

Hehe would be good for both of us since we are a bit >foreignated< from the english language since it's not our native one ;)

Don't tease me with this "random word use" cuz' it's gonna go far :) I already speak weird-as-fuck French already (for the fun of it) so if i start with English people may throw me in a loony-bin or something.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Love the drums...sound unbelievably real. And that guitar sound what r u using?

I used ReValver MKIII for the guitars, but I wasn't fussing over the guitar tone, for this test.

how much processing to the drums did you do outside of Superior?

On the first drum test clip I did nothing outside of S2.0. On the second clip, I did a TON of processing outside of S2.0. I haven't spent much time with the internal effects in S2.0, but so far other than basic EQ, I'm not impressed. I thinkk you're going to need some superior tools to get a real Superior sound out of 2.0.

The snare sounds very detached from the rest of the kit.

Are you speaking of the first "bad" clip or the second clip I posted? I know the first clip was way out there but I thought the second was getting better??? No? :(

Don't tease me with this "random word use" cuz' it's gonna go far :) I already speak weird-as-fuck French already (for the fun of it) so if i start with English people may throw me in a loony-bin or something.

Haha same here. my dutch is way to freaky for business life :p Anyway my bad! i'll quit!

And i still feel it's little detached... less.. but.. also would like to hear it in the mix again. Or just record new stuff cuzz it's cool and a little bit of lead on it as well maybe cuz i like it :zombie: